Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLOSED!!! -Final underwriting/approval

tag
gul1
New Contributor

Re: Final underwriting/approval

The day after we got the keys to our house ( just a few months ago) my husband went to the house with his truck and trailer full with his tool boxes he wanted to put into his new garage. Guess who showed up? The cops,lol. Someone called them thinking my husband was breaking into the house.

Message 11 of 28
mamahearts
Frequent Contributor

Hey Vintagegal, I'm not packed yet.  We're still tossing alot of things out.  All of our furniture, dishes and stuff are really old and in bad shape so we're getting alot of new.  My realtor lets us use his moving van for free so that's going to save us money.  Which is nice because we just won't have a whole lot to move.  Gagum congrats! Hope that you enjoy your new home!   JNYDC, I hope that it's all smooth sailing from here for you! That is really fast for a short sale! Wow! It's definitely worth it but it's been really stressful (and my experience has been awesome compared to many others).  Let me know when you close!  Gul that is way too funny! Smiley Happy OMG I can only imagine!  I think our neighbors have gotten used to us, one man a few houses down smiles and nods everytime we pass by.  He's always working in the yard so he's seen us ALOT!

Just a quick update:

I heard back from my loan officer, we didn't have any conditions from the underwriter!  So we've completed final underwriting and they've emailed me the HUD-1 statement.  I went to the bank this afternoon for the cashier's check.  We have about $2500 out of pocket after adjustments for seller contributions, prepaids, splits and tax proration credit.  We were expecting to need about $4000 so that's really awesome and we're very happy with how everything is turning out.  God has blessed us greatly!

We had an excellent team in our loan offer and her underwriter, the appraiser, inspector and of course my realtor was great.  He even bought us a new sump pump as a housewarming present  Smiley Happy  3 weeks was all it took as everyone was motivated to get this done.  I couldn't have asked for better.  All we have left are to do the final walk through on Sunday, go to close at 8am on Monday and then the house is ours.  Good luck to everyone, congrats to those of you closing in the next few days or weeks!  Let me know how you're doing! To everyone that shared your advice and stories to keep us from being discouraged, thank you!

myFICO starting TU 683 8/26/11
myFICO starting EQ 645 8/26/11
myFICO EQ 652 9/26
Message 12 of 28
doublespaces
Frequent Contributor

@mamahearts wrote:

@creditisbetter2 wrote:

Congrats to you.  I chuckled a bit when you said you went the entire day without calling.  I am 7 days out from closing and I told myself today that I would not drive past my new house until at least Friday.  The process that the other poster wrote seems to be correct but it's not happening that way in my case.  I believe we will do all of the paperwork on one day which may or may not be a good deal.  I emailed my lo two days ago and she said she was sending my paperwork to closing either today or tomorrow and I won't get a HUD 1 until Friday and our closing is on Tuesday so I am not sure if we'll be getting any papers before Tuesday.

Thanks so much!  We drive past it everyday like stalkers!  I'm surprised cops haven't been staking us out yet! Smiley Happy  The Sale Pending sign was pretty cool but I can't wait til it says SOLD!!!

Oh and IOBA there's a restaurant down the street that I've always wanted to try out! Smiley Happy   I'm so excited guys! I feel like I'm going to cry.  This has been 12 years in the making.   My baby girl is thrilled about her bedroom and having a yard to play in.  It's her birthday on Sunday and it's like she's getting a house for her birthday.  I can't even begin to describe how thankful I am.  All the advice I've gotten here is really truly appreciated!  Thanks!

LOL. We did this too. We would drive 20 minutes to the house just to slowly drive by with our windows down trying to 'experience' our neighborhood. I bet someone was just waiting for us to pull out an AK47.  We closed on Sept 26th, but we still haven't gotten to move in. We have been renovating, put in bamboo flooring in the living, dining master bedroom upstairs loft and stairs. One of the upstairs bedrooms we knocked down the wall and made a half wall/pony wall that looks down into our great room from the vaulted ceilings. We tore down the banister railing and put another pony wall all the way down. Re-painted the interior, fixed some of the sheetrock since the house was settling, rewired some of the house for cable in different spots and wired RJ45 ethernet cable to key areas, did a bunch of landscaping stuff, and more stuff I am too tired to list. We just got back from cleaning the bathrooms and we've noticed that everything, the bathtub back splash and counters are all porcelain and have slight yellowish stains we are trying to figure out how to get out... Buying a used house does come with the dirty bathrooms and that other stuff you gotta get beyond. My Fiance is a neat freak and the bathrooms are her worst nightmare since you just don't know who was sitting there, even though its not really too dirty. We are getting new toilet seats just for the peace of mind Smiley Happy

So here it is, over a month later and the construction still isn't done and we are still ecstatic about moving in but haven't been able to enjoy that part yet. Good thing my condo is paid until the end of the year. We still have furniture to buy and a whole kitchen renovation to do. Nothing wrong with the kitchen, we just want it a different way. Good luck! Its always fun to see this stuff fruit and become reality for people. I'm 15k into upgrades beyond my house itself and i'm a far cry from being done. Hope things go swell for you!

Starting: EQ: 490 TU: ??? EX: ???
Current: EQ: 717 TU: 757 EX: 736 (lender)
Goal: 800+
=============
Amex: Zync, Gold Delta
Discover More
Chase Slate
Discover More
Message 13 of 28
mamahearts
Frequent Contributor

@doublespaces wrote:

@mamahearts wrote:

@creditisbetter2 wrote:

Congrats to you.  I chuckled a bit when you said you went the entire day without calling.  I am 7 days out from closing and I told myself today that I would not drive past my new house until at least Friday.  The process that the other poster wrote seems to be correct but it's not happening that way in my case.  I believe we will do all of the paperwork on one day which may or may not be a good deal.  I emailed my lo two days ago and she said she was sending my paperwork to closing either today or tomorrow and I won't get a HUD 1 until Friday and our closing is on Tuesday so I am not sure if we'll be getting any papers before Tuesday.

Thanks so much!  We drive past it everyday like stalkers!  I'm surprised cops haven't been staking us out yet! Smiley Happy  The Sale Pending sign was pretty cool but I can't wait til it says SOLD!!!

Oh and IOBA there's a restaurant down the street that I've always wanted to try out! Smiley Happy   I'm so excited guys! I feel like I'm going to cry.  This has been 12 years in the making.   My baby girl is thrilled about her bedroom and having a yard to play in.  It's her birthday on Sunday and it's like she's getting a house for her birthday.  I can't even begin to describe how thankful I am.  All the advice I've gotten here is really truly appreciated!  Thanks!

LOL. We did this too. We would drive 20 minutes to the house just to slowly drive by with our windows down trying to 'experience' our neighborhood. I bet someone was just waiting for us to pull out an AK47.  We closed on Sept 26th, but we still haven't gotten to move in. We have been renovating, put in bamboo flooring in the living, dining master bedroom upstairs loft and stairs. One of the upstairs bedrooms we knocked down the wall and made a half wall/pony wall that looks down into our great room from the vaulted ceilings. We tore down the banister railing and put another pony wall all the way down. Re-painted the interior, fixed some of the sheetrock since the house was settling, rewired some of the house for cable in different spots and wired RJ45 ethernet cable to key areas, did a bunch of landscaping stuff, and more stuff I am too tired to list. We just got back from cleaning the bathrooms and we've noticed that everything, the bathtub back splash and counters are all porcelain and have slight yellowish stains we are trying to figure out how to get out... Buying a used house does come with the dirty bathrooms and that other stuff you gotta get beyond. My Fiance is a neat freak and the bathrooms are her worst nightmare since you just don't know who was sitting there, even though its not really too dirty. We are getting new toilet seats just for the peace of mind Smiley Happy

So here it is, over a month later and the construction still isn't done and we are still ecstatic about moving in but haven't been able to enjoy that part yet. Good thing my condo is paid until the end of the year. We still have furniture to buy and a whole kitchen renovation to do. Nothing wrong with the kitchen, we just want it a different way. Good luck! Its always fun to see this stuff fruit and become reality for people. I'm 15k into upgrades beyond my house itself and i'm a far cry from being done. Hope things go swell for you!

We get new toilet seats everytime we move too! LOL That's hilarious!  Congratulations, sounds like you're doing a great job of making your house YOUR HOME! Enjoy!!! Thank you! 

myFICO EQ 652 9/26
Message 14 of 28
mamahearts
Frequent Contributor

We closed this morning.  The sellers left an extra refrigerator and new shower curtains and bath towels. Smiley Happy  When we did our walk through yesterday the main refrigerator was dirty and I was planning to go there tonight to clean it up.  But they cleaned the place really well.  We're trying to figure out how to set up our furniture because we're not used to the floor plan yet.  Our daughter wants the master bedroom, she's 4! LOL She gets the little room.  Smiley Happy We're going to paint this weekend to freshen it up as it's kind of a dark color for her.  Anyway sorry I'm rambling but thanks to Dallas and Shane and everyone else for their advice along the way!  Good luck everyone!

myFICO EQ 652 9/26
Message 15 of 28
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats! When's the house-warming party? I'll bring the nachos.

Message 16 of 28
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

That is awesome, i hope to have a story much the same here soon.....

In 6 months, i plan to be getting our own house....

CONGRATS!!! Smiley Very Happy

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 17 of 28
mamahearts
Frequent Contributor

Thanks!  I'll take those nachos anytime! Smiley Happy

Good luck to everyone waiting to buy and set to close!  This is a huge beginning and undertaking but I learned so much through this site that I'm not overwhelmed or worried.  I know God puts us on the right path and will lead us. 

myFICO EQ 652 9/26
Message 18 of 28
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

Mama - I almost shead a tear there.... i feel the exact same way! Smiley Happy there is a reason i found this site! Smiley Very Happy 

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 19 of 28
mamahearts
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous_vanskike wrote:

Mama - I almost shead a tear there.... i feel the exact same way! Smiley Happy there is a reason i found this site! Smiley Very Happy 

Aww well shed away, I know I did!  You'll get there!   Smiley Happy  This is a great resource.  When I saw that Suze Orman referred to this site quite a bit, I thought I'd better check it out.  I love how straight forward she is. 

myFICO EQ 652 9/26
Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.