Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLOSED!

tag
Tooliebell
Frequent Contributor

CLOSED!

It took 2 hours but we closed!  There was still drama over the settlement paper when we got to closing and I hadn't even seen the new final one yet.  After waiting 35 minutes, we started signing, but the settlement was wrong, and had us owing a little more than $100 more than we brought in a cashier's check.  LO was on the phone to her closer trying to figure out what was wrong and why it was wrong. Poor escrow agent was in and out and in and out.  New docs were being processed as quickly as they could get them.  Finally the got it all set and in the end, we brought $50 more than we needed and walked out with a check.  That was kinda neat!

The sellers did come and are planning to move this weekend and hand over possession when they are done, so we don't have to wait 2 weeks.  That is sweet. 

Feels soooo amazing to have this done!  No more saga, no more worrying. Dh almost passed out when he saw the payment!!  Not that it is big but keeping our house now and having two house payments kinda made his head spin for a while! 

Have to say thanks to the members here who have given advice and supported me through such a grueling process.  I am certain without MYFICO, I wouldn't be moving soon. 

Good Luck to you all waiting.  Holly, you're next!!!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CLOSED!

Yes!!! Finally!! Congratulations Tooliebell. I know it feels amazing to be finished.  You will probably wake up thinking you need to call/e-mail someone about the status of your mortgage loan LOL.  Enjoy your new house...you definitely worked hard for it :-)

Message 2 of 12
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

congrats

Retired Lender
Message 3 of 12
PixieQueen80
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations Tooliebellie!!!! I am so happy for you.  Enjoy your new home you truly deserve it.

Starting Scores (7/26/2010): EQ 517; TU 508; EX 527 (lender)
Scores Along the Way (11/4/2010): EQ 542; TU 547; (11/8/2010) EX Plus 641
Scores Along the Way: (4/15/2011): EQ 516; TU 622; EX 585 (lender)
Scores Along the Way: (8/25/2011): EQ 617; TU 627; EX 625 (lender)
Scores Along the Way: (11/28/2011): EQ 617; TU 645; EX 667 (lender)
Current Scores: (8/9/2013): EQ 634; TU 662; EX 694 (lender)
Closed on a Home: 12/30/2011 Goal Scores (8/25/2014): 700 club
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations Tooliebell!

Time to enjoy and breathe easierSmiley Happy

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, FINALLY!  Congrats!!!!!   I knew you wouldnt be too far behind.  You're right, Holly is next!

Message 6 of 12
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Congratulations on your new home! Smiley Very Happy

Have fun and here's a toast to you both!

Message 7 of 12
boomhower
Valued Contributor

Congrats!!

Message 8 of 12
CS800
Super Contributor

Congratulations, enjoy your house Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 12
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

Congrats. Enjoy!  Enjoy! Enjoy!

Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)
Goal Score: 800

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.