Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CO from 2011

tag
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

CO from 2011

CO from 2011 due to fall off 12/17 , amount is only 40 - will this stop an FHA mortgage
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CO from 2011

My wife has a charge-off on her report (she was credit checked even though she's not on the loan) and FHA specifically does not care about small charge offs like that. They list it as a debt with a 0 payment. Lender overlay maybe, if you had a ton of recent bad stuff, but no, that should not be an issue on its own.

Message 2 of 6
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

No recent-- that's the only baddie - reports list last late 5yrs 7 months and it refers to the CO-- just so scared to actually pull the trigger and get my hopes up😩 In the mean time the trailer park I have been renting in since 5/2009 has now become section 8 housing, and no offense but that scares me !!
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Call up a loan officer and discuss these things. If you don't like that loan officer, find another. Rinse and repeat until you get someone that you work well with. Get a realtor, they will have lenders that have done well for them in the past.

Message 4 of 6
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

Have to wait till Jan --- then will have enough saved in 401 K for down and closing by March. I don't even mind the trailer other than there has been no upkeep over the 7 years but I live alone and have nice car and stuff so that worries me
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you talk to a LO sooner rather than later, you will know exactly where you stand so you will be fully prepared in January.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.