Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COO / final assessment and timing to close

tag
TimeToRecover
Established Contributor

COO / final assessment and timing to close

so heres the latest.  I had my inspector do (my) final inspection went well really only 1 major item found (this was on Monday).  

My lener is needing both the COO (certificate of occupancy) and the final report from appraiser to complet and get my Clear to close.  

So the builder had said "Tuesday" it would all be done so the apprasier was st up for today (he went and fha rquires landscaping doen and it was only 1/2 and well they still haven't fixed the plumbin in 1 batch room and no toilet or sink in the other.  

So when I went for my walkthru today (i saw the state so close) so i tried to iron down both the landscapin and plumbing date.  My lender said they can let one or th other allowe to be given at closing but not both.  

The builder is swearing the plumbing will be tomorrow but he doesn't know on the grass (i still can't believe they ran out)

So after that LONG SOB STORY!!!!  how late can either the COO or the final apprsial be completed and close.  I can extend a bit next week but if they try to go to the next week it is thanksgiving week and my lender is shutting down for the whole week.  

I ahve really not paniced this whole process even with water installed backward and all sorts of other odd things but now I am stating to freak a little bit 

Starting Score: 570 ish
Current Score:EX (701) EQ (711) TU (705)
Goal Score: 750
In My Wallet: GE Care Credit (8K) BestBuy (6K) BofA Cash Rewards Signature Visa (7K) Cap One Quicksilver (10.5K) Chase Freedom (4K) Lowes (6K) VS Angel Card (2.4K), Macys (4K)
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
NCGirl
New Contributor

Re: COO / final assessment and timing to close

Who is your builder?

Starting Score: 689
Current Score: 689
Goal Score: 770

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Amex BCE, Discover, FNBO AMEX, Citi Dividend Platinum Select Visa, Blue for Business
(In the garden until November 2013)
Next card Visa Signature - World Elite MC(Business)
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am a mortage processor and this happens all the time, the finalinspection can be requested as a rush when the builder says the work is done. but if the hold up is the builder than there is nothing you or your can do to speed things up. I have closed loans the same day the report comes in (if it's earlier enough)

Message 3 of 6
TimeToRecover
Established Contributor

ok that makes me feel better

In My Wallet: GE Care Credit (8K) BestBuy (6K) BofA Cash Rewards Signature Visa (7K) Cap One Quicksilver (10.5K) Chase Freedom (4K) Lowes (6K) VS Angel Card (2.4K), Macys (4K)
Message 4 of 6
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Sounds to me like the builder can wrap up that unfinished work in 24 hrs if they wanted to. I am a sales counselor with a national builder. We do not let construction issues cause any delays with closing. Lean on the builder ... depending on when they told you that the property will be 100% complete. The lawn stuff I can understand but they should not be having plumbing issues this late in the process.

Message 5 of 6
TimeToRecover
Established Contributor

I agree with you ezdriver.  the issue is in the guest bath they had the pipes in the middle of the vality and the sink on the right side so um the valinty drawers wouldn't work and I gues they just didn't wantto do connectors.  He swears it will be done today (now mind you this plumbing was pionted out to them 6 weeks ago when the cabinets first went in and before we set closing)  

I did learn that the "project lead" I dont knwo the formal name in the construction industry for this subdivision left the company.  Now the sales person in the office said he left himself but on the walk thru yesterday the new lead was hinting that they had had made mistakes and they got rid of him.  

I don't know the truth but there were alot of major items like the plumbing was backwards in the house and they had to rip up 1/2 my foundation after all the framing and everything was up to fix it.  That should have been caught.I mean I even met him out ther for him to tel lme "the door" is ehre etc.  and at that time the pipes were dowon and the slab frame but NO concrete yet.  I didn't know what to look for but he should have.  shouodld I meand they were sticking up.  AND once poured it was obviously cause who would have a pipe in the middle of their living room.  

I mean every single thing has been fixed ultimately but  it makes me believe the new head guy over the sweet sales lady.  

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.