cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I do a HARP refi with a DTI of 70% with someone other than my current servicer?

tag
boober
Frequent Contributor

Can I do a HARP refi with a DTI of 70% with someone other than my current servicer?

Long story short. I've had a real nightmare trying to get a HARP refi for the last 6 months or so on my primary residence.

Back in March, I contacted B of A, whom at the time serviced my loan. I started the HARP refi, but within a matter of days, the HARP refi fell through because they just sold off my mortgage rights to Green Tree.

So I wait a few months for them to switch me over. Finally after like 3 months I began contacting Green Tree for a HARP refi, and long story real short, it was a complete and toal waste of time. Humungous nightmare that I just don't want to talk about.

So since my DTI is around 70%, I had always thought that only your current servicer can do a HARP refi for me since my DTI is so high.

It sucks, as rates are going higher lately. My DTI should be down to around 45% in about 8 months, but by then, who knows how high rates will be?!?! Hopefully lower than they are now! HAH! Smiley Happy

So does anyone know of a company out there that will do HARP refi's for DTI's of 70%?

Keep in mind my mortgage is with those idiots at Green Tree.

Thanks sincerely for any concrete help I can get. Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.