Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I get a Mortgage

tag
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Re: Can I get a Mortgage

It is a long road from recovery and I feel the same way as you. We have been waiting 7 years for this day.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 11 of 13
chemical360
Valued Member

Well things are going good so far we had our lender pull our credit and our scores were 600 644 and 653 so they take the middle score which is the 644. The only issue was we still had a dispute comment on 1 account so I had to get that pulled off I paid the account in full and I had also already paid the only other account that was left on there in full. I sent him the information yesterday and he is doing a rescore. He says it takes about a week to a week and a half for that to happen. Ugh this wait is going to kill me. I hope our scores go up even more and do not drop.

Has anyone ever been through this? did your scores drop or go up? I would love for them to go up quite a bit as they are the only outstanding accounts left on our report..

Also does anyone know the next steps for the preapproval and how long that usually takes. we really want to get started at going to look at houses but we do not want to look till we have the preapproval as we already missed out on one house of our dreams we do not want to be disappointed again.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Message 12 of 13
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Usually preapproval is instant if you have all your ducks lined up. I was approved within an hour and could start looking right after that. I think your case is a little unique but I know there are some members that have gone through what you are going through and can provide a better answer than me. Wishing you the very best! :-)
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.