cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a mortgage officer help? Experian not reporting updated account information.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can a mortgage officer help? Experian not reporting updated account information.

We are waiting to apply for a mortgage, as we recently paid off all our credit card debt (except a $12 balance on one card for AZEO), so we were waiting for everything to clear our reports. Everything now has cleared except for one balance on my credit card issued by my credit union and it is only still showing a balance on Experian. Both Transunion and Equifax were updated and show the new information. I have already called my credit union and they confirmed the statement cut on the 15th and the data was sent to all 3 credit bureaus. If we went ahead and applied even though the balance hasn't cleared is this something the mortgage officer can assist with if our other scores do not qualify us for the best rates? With the balance still reporting on Experian it leaves that card at 80% utilization which I know is hurting the score. I'm on the Experian trial and watching the report daily, it's now the 25th with still no update, we really wanted to apply for the loan last week to have our pre-approval in place before traveling to look at houses this weekend. (Also we are applying for the mortgage with our credit union, so the mortgage officer will be able to see the credit card is paid off since it's also issued by them. )

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
NC_Mtg_Loaner
Valued Contributor

Re: Can a mortgage officer help? Experian not reporting updated account information.

I think you are sitting in a position that's about as good as it gets.   

Updating that one last credit reporting agency won't really matter unless you plan on using a Credit Union for your mortgage loan anyway since they will typically use your Equifax report and disregard what TU or EXP report. 

Licensed NC Mortgage Loan Originator
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can a mortgage officer help? Experian not reporting updated account information.

Thank you! We are applying with our credit union, my Equifax is fine. It's Experian that has the old balance. I did check and when we got our last car loan with them it was Equifax they pulled, so that's reassuring to know with mortgage most credit unions use Equifax. I guess we will go in this afternoon and see how it goes. Thanks for taking the time to respond and the reassurance. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.