cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anyone point me in the right direction?? PLEASE!!!!

tag
Stressedhomebuyer

Can anyone point me in the right direction?? PLEASE!!!!

Hi.

Im new here and need some advice. Short version: Found a dream house in June..put in offer offer accepted Loan at UW they ask for everything under the sun..we provide it. They want 2012 taxes..just file in July..not available yet. On a repayment plan fro 2009/2010 balance is abt 16,000. for 2012 we are going to owe abt 22,000. now I know the morg co will not let us get a loan with owing the IRS so my question is this...seeing how basically all my money is going toward house and closing...should I pay like 15,000 on current(2012) tax and put the other 7,000 on payment plan? will the morg company say......"ok we see your taxes you owe 22,000 wheres your receipt for 22? we only see receipt for 15 where is the other 7,000? oh thats on a payment plan, wait you owe from a payment plan too..ok pay all of it off before we approve you" if we paid the 15,000 before its even processed and then the day it is processed set up payment plan to include 2012 taxes will the morg company see that? or will they just see that its paid? There is NO WAY I can afford to pay off past taxes current taxes AND close on a house.....what to do??? I;ve asked realtor morg company..everyone is kind of like ..well it depends on how the UW views it. My concern is that if I dont pay the 15000 now and set up a payment plan it will default my previous payment plan and then the morg company says no house for you.....ADVICE??? PLEASE????

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

Re: Can anyone point me in the right direction?? PLEASE!!!!

if you are on a payment plan and in good standing, why wouldn't the mortgage company approve you?  The monthly payment should be included in your DTI calculation.

are you saying that your current bill to the IRS is 16K + 22K?  Did you disclose the 16k debt to the mortg company at the time of applying?  If so, I'm assumign they did not think it would be a problem owing.

there are tons of people who owe the IRS and still close on homes.  They just needed to show that they were on a repayment plan.

Good Luck!

AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.