cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anything be done? 19 pt drop in 1 day!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can anything be done? 19 pt drop in 1 day!!

I am in the middle of obtaining a mortgage. My score finally met the threshhold yesterday and today it drops 19 points as some collection for medical bill for $453 was posted today from 2007. I have nooo idea who this is. I cant afford to dispute it as im in the middle of the inspection through lender and just recueved my good faith estimate. Im frustrated and really dont know what my attack should be. And what about the 19 pts?????

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can anything be done? 19 pt drop in 1 day!!

@Anonymous wrote:
I am in the middle of obtaining a mortgage. My score finallu met the threshhold yesterday and today it drops 19 points as some collection for medical bill for $453 was posted today from 2007. I have nooo idea who this is. I cant afford to dispute it as im in the middle of the inspection through lender and just recueved my good faith estimate. Im frustrated and really dont know what my attact should be. And what about the 19 pts?????

Forget about 19 pt right now and try to get rid of the collection, that will take care of the drop

Message 2 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! sorry for the typos , I was typing on my phone while waiting for school to let out. I'm going to call them now. Should I request a Pay for Delete ? should I mention this to my Mortgage Lender and perhaps get a Rapid Rescore? I'm sooo Frustrated. Thanks again for your responses

Message 3 of 23
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Can you list here how it is being reported?  I'm concerned for you that this might mess things up if it looks like a recent collection.  I believe one is required to have 12 months of clean credit.  Hopefully something can be done to get it deleted right away.  I'm wondering if you shouldn't do a direct dispute w/ the collection agency instead of the credit bureau so a dispute doesn't show up on your reports.

I had an AFNI collection agency account report in 2010 - but it was for an old Qwest bill from 2006.  The LO said she wasn't sure I'd get through underwriting since the colleciton was so recent (Even though 2006 account).  Luckily I was able to get this account deleted or I don't think I would have made it.

GOOD LUCK!

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 4 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

A new collection has been added to your credit report

1 new collection was added to
your credit report
New collection on debt by: CAPITAL
ACCOUNTS LLC

Reported: 9/1/2011
New collection on debt by: CAPITAL
ACCOUNTS LLC

Reported: 9/1/2011

In
7/1/2011, the collection agency CAPITAL ACCOUNTS LLC was hired by creditor Not
Reported to collect $463 in debts on account number XX6643.
Original balance:$463Agency name:CAPITAL
ACCOUNTS LLC
Current balance:$463Agency number:394YC00171
Status (as of
9/1/2011)
:
UNPAIDAgency industry:Not
Reported
First delinquency:11/1/2007Original creditor:394YC00171
Last payment:Not on
Record

Description:Medical
Message 5 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

More News. I finally called the  Collection Agency and they mentioned a DR's Office.. I called the DR's office and she said that I had a balance of $350 and I said that I was never billed for that ( I always pay in full while there)  She said that they mailed out several bills to an address that I never had (their error)  I paid the $350 to the Office.. Contacted the Collection Agency and told them that i don't have a debt with the medical office.. She said to Dispute it  and it takes 3-6 weeks. I don't have 3-6 weeks..  Supposed to get a letter from the DR's office stating that I have no debt with the

I'm hoping my Points will return after this..

Message 6 of 23
mamahearts
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

More News. I finally called the  Collection Agency and they mentioned a DR's Office.. I called the DR's office and she said that I had a balance of $350 and I said that I was never billed for that ( I always pay in full while there)  She said that they mailed out several bills to an address that I never had (their error)  I paid the $350 to the Office.. Contacted the Collection Agency and told them that i don't have a debt with the medical office.. She said to Dispute it  and it takes 3-6 weeks. I don't have 3-6 weeks..  Supposed to get a letter from the DR's office stating that I have no debt with the

Good luck!

myFICO starting TU 683 8/26/11
myFICO starting EQ 645 8/26/11
myFICO EQ 652 9/26
Message 7 of 23
Booner72
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

This is unacceptable.  If you are in the middle of underwriting you do not have the time to wait for them to screw around with this and blame each other.  If I were in your shoes I would go to the doctor's office and sit in the waiting room until someone in that office got that account deleted.  The CA should be able to log right onto the eOscar system and delete it in just a few minutes.  Then it will be gone immediately from your report.  The Dr. Office Manager should get the CA on the phone while you are there and have the CA delete it IMMEDIATELY.

Remember to be as nice and patient as you can, bring a book - you want them to help you right?  Even though they screwed up.  But be firm and persistent, and don't take no for an answer.  Tell them they are putting your entire life on the line - that you have thousands of dollars invested here, not to lose everything because of an ERROR on their part.  Luckily you found out about this before the underwriter did!

You can't go through the dispute process because that would put a dispute comment on your report.  You won't pass underwriting with a recent collection posted!

Good Luck and let us know.

Message 8 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you SOOO Much! you're absolutely Right! I'm not going to take this their way! I wil lbe there first thing Monday Morning to  make sure that I sit in that office and have them contact the Collection Agency while I'm sitting there.  The Collection Agency  stated that the account would be deleted from their system but it would take 3-6 weeks. I do not buy that AT ALL ...  Thank you in advance. I will be there and update you all. I'm soo irritated! Thank you

I Hope that Equifax Puts those 19 Points back onto my score if not I will be Stalking their Doors until someone comes outside! :smile:

Message 9 of 23
Booner72
Senior Contributor

I would guess your score would go right back to where it was prior to the CA being reported - but other things could happen in the interim that could positively or negatively affect that number.  You Go Girl!  (But remember to be nice).

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.