Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can disputes interfere with loan?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can disputes interfere with loan?

Can disputing items on my reports cause any issues or delays in the preapproval or underwriting or closing process? Thinking of disputing things but I’m in midst of getting a preapproval for conventional or fha loan.
5 REPLIES 5
MauiMan85297
Established Contributor

Re: Can disputes interfere with loan?

Disputing items on your CR just masks the score (anything in dispute isn't counted against you) and AUS will pick up on that and certainly a manual underwriter when it passes their desk.  They will ask you to have no disputes going through the process.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I currently have a few items in dispute, just last week I started. Since the CRAs have to investigate by 30 days, will my scores I assume be unmasked after the dispute ends in 30 days? I feel the need to dispute is necessary yet at same time I don’t want to delay any preapproval
Message 3 of 6
NC_Mtg_Loaner
Valued Contributor

don't forget that the creditors have 15 additional days (according to FCRA) to update the information being reported to the bureaus too.

Licensed NC Mortgage Loan Originator
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Disputes effects your FICO score. As we know that, a good FICO score enables us to get a loan easily.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’m lost why are all the posts saying you have to have disputes removed if the FHA guidelines say...

Disputed Derogatory Accounts < $1,000

A downgrade to a manual underwrite is not required if the cumulative total of and disputed account(s) for all borrowers is < $1,000.

I have three disputed accounts all with 0$ balances they were just not changed in the comments section on the CR.

The different comedy’s confuse me. My fiancé and I were given our pre approval once I paid the collections and charge offs and we just finished our mortgage application.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.