cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't buy, can't rent, can't pitch a tent!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can't buy, can't rent, can't pitch a tent!

Yes, You are correct. I called HUD and complained. They said Michigan law says the max rental deposit (NO RETAINERS ALLOWED!) is 1.5 months.

Message 11 of 14
IOBA
Senior Contributor

Any chance you got the wonderfully expensive offers in writing?

If yes, you have the ammunition to file complaints.  And I would take it a step further - go back to them and say I want to rent.  I know the law says this and I know I qualify to rent here - you told me so yourself.  So let's make a deal.  1.5 rent as deposit.

It's worth a try.

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

My law enforcement days are long retired; they didn't give proof, that was one of the main reasons I started calling all the autorities in the first place!

Good news though! A relative was complaining that an investment was only paying 2.9%, I offered 6% on five years to pay cash for a house! Without going into too many boring details, he took it. I added him to my life insurance  policy, we close in 2 weeks! (Whew, two weeks to spare! That was too close!) . Win-win for both of us. Having it all drawn up legally so we both maintain the win-win!

Message 13 of 14
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Nice going, props to your relative.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.