Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get a confirmed close date on new construction

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can't get a confirmed close date on new construction

This process has been the worse. We signed a contract in May 2018. Our contract have November 2018 closing month. Construction did not start until 9/2018. We have been trying to get a close date since November. The best we get is the end of week 1/21 or beginning of 1/28. Thats the best. The house is finished, the CO has been completed, final inspection has been done,we have our commitment and CTC. Our lender has emailed the attorney's...etc! If we are to close this week or beginning of next week should not our attorney have given us the date yet? Is it typical to find out the day before you close on new construction? 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
kc0039
Established Contributor

Re: Can't get a confirmed close date on new construction

That sounds like hell. Not typical at all

Licensed in IL
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can't get a confirmed close date on new construction

Yikes! I'm SO sorry that you're going through that. I'm also in the process of new construction. I went into contract on 09/15/2018, broke ground on 11/24/2018, and they estimate that we will close 05/01/2019. But I haven't heard from any of my neighbors with the same builder of the closing team going ghost. They usually push to close ASAP so they could get their cut lol do you have a closing team you speak to? If that doesn't work, contact the sales consultant to see if they could connect you to a superior. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.