Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get rid of CO

tag
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

Can't get rid of CO

Despite paying and GW and writing tons of letters , security finance will not be helping me eliminate a CO from 12/10 for 40 and 1 90 day late from 3/10. I don't want to wait till March unless I absolutely should. How bad does 1 90 day late look to an UW if it's 6 yrs 7 months old, So, my question is can I still get a mortgage with these 2 baddie on my report. It is not he same company 2 different accounts
8 REPLIES 8
bluevalentine78
Valued Member

Re: Can't get rid of CO

It shouldn't be a dealbreaker.  

Starting Score: Trans: 561 EQ: 547
Current Score: TU: 650 EQ: 665 EF: 661
Goal Score: 700

Message 2 of 9
EvolvingCreditDiva2
Valued Member

Have you tried asking for an early exclusion from the bureaus? I've had luck with that at least 6 months out.
Message 3 of 9
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

Not yet Evolving, I know TU will do 6 months , but those other two will not.i might could early the lates😳But the CO is there until 12/17 , so way away ... 15 months! Have a good profile o/w with a Mid Mortgage of 724, hoping to go FHA but afraid this will put a halt to it. Do we have to have a clean file across the board d to buy a home?
Message 4 of 9
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

likely not an issue unless you have super thin credit file

Retired Lender
Message 5 of 9
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

I don't think do Dallas, 18 accounts all current , student loan and mult auto loans. 4 cards but only 7500 Available. Uti 8%. But aaoa is only 2 yrs w oldest account 14 yrs. so maybe I do have a thin file ?
Message 6 of 9
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

this is not a thin file.

apply with confidence.

those things should NOT be an issue whatsoever.

Retired Lender
Message 7 of 9
MauiMan85297
Established Contributor

@Sbrooks1 wrote:
I don't think do Dallas, 18 accounts all current , student loan and mult auto loans. 4 cards but only 7500 Available. Uti 8%. But aaoa is only 2 yrs w oldest account 14 yrs. so maybe I do have a thin file ?

You should be fine with those old negative accounts, your LO would tell you what to do but guessing he would say the same thing a VA loan guy would say: You won't need to pay these accounts especially if they're under $4k.  Good luck-happy hunting

Message 8 of 9
KSK1912
Valued Contributor

I think you are worrying for no reason. Especially for an FHA, i would not even wait another day. Good Luck!

6/14/15: Equifax 576 Experian 542 Transunion 571
8/17/15: Equifax 626 Experian 619 Transunion 622
9/28/15: Equifax 655 Experian 636 Transunion 641
11/11/15: Equifax 698 Experian 687 Transunion 672
Short Term Goal Score: 720 Across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Are you free Tuesday..?
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.