Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we Qualify? For how much?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can we Qualify? For how much?

Thinking about buying a condo with my fiancé in Los Angeles…Do you think we will qualify and about how much? 

His Score EX 750

Mine EX 710

No negatives  

INCOME

Gross income combined is 51k

My fiancé makes another 4k a year but is not reported or taxed…I know this won’t help us.  

EMPLOYMENT

I am done with school and I am currently working in the same field I studied. I have been working with my current employer for a year and 3 months. Prior to that I worked at another company in the same field for 1 year.

My fiancé has been at his employer for a year and 6 months. Before that he worked for a sporting goods store for 3 years.  

DEBT

Together the only debt we have is a 239.00 monthly lease payment on my car.

No school loans.

We have plenty of Credit cards but all balances are very small and paid off every month if any.

I also contribute $100 a month to a IRA retirement account.  

ASSETS

25000K in savings to spend on down payment AND closing cost.

My fiancé has a 2006 truck with 15k mileage –Paid off… (I don’t know if that counts) 

I have been looking at those online mortgage calculators but I don’t know how true they are.  

Let me know what you guys think… THANKS!Smiley Tongue

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can we Qualify? For how much?

Can Anybody help me?Smiley Wink
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

If they can, they will. It's only been an hour since your initial post.  I know it's hard to sit tight when you are excited and anxious (I'm the same way) but someone will post soon. Promise. Smiley Wink
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh yeah, you'll need to also have an estimate of the yearly property taxes and insurance in your area. 
Message 4 of 5
WannaHouse
Valued Contributor

Your numbers look pretty good as far as qualifying. As far as how much? I used a calculater to get a ballpark figure, and it looks like about 175-200K.

I used:

4250 monthly income

239 month car

100 month CC

100 month Ins.

150 month Taxes

So, if those figures are anywhere right, then 175K looks about right.

Someone with more knowledge should come along and give better information.

Kathy

We are finally homeowners!!

Closed May 5th-30 yr fixed at 5.25%.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.