Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Carrington Mortgage

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Carrington Mortgage

My husband and I have fought back from my stage 4 cancer diagnosis. I've been doing perfectly for 5 years. Understandably, we had credit struggles along the way. We have been working for over a year on our credit. We've been paying $2000 per month in rent so buying was a no brained. (Before I ask the question, please know I have very high anxiety.) We were preapproved through AU. Has any passed AU and not made it to closing? I'm just anxious!

Thanks in Advance!

2 REPLIES 2
jmw1
Frequent Contributor

Re: Carrington Mortgage

@Anonymous wrote:

My husband and I have fought back from my stage 4 cancer diagnosis. I've been doing perfectly for 5 years. Understandably, we had credit struggles along the way. We have been working for over a year on our credit. We've been paying $2000 per month in rent so buying was a no brained. (Before I ask the question, please know I have very high anxiety.) We were preapproved through AU. Has any passed AU and not made it to closing? I'm just anxious!

Thanks in Advance!

Carrignton is a lender that tolerates the lower credit score borrower. However, that doesn't mean something can't blow up and cause your home purchase to fall apart.  It's rare but it does happen. But keep in mind they want the deal to go through if it is a clean deal that follows all of the rules. A good loan officer will ask all of the right questions and use your complete and honest answers to anticipate potential problems. And you should be honest and willing to disclose any potential issues. For example, you should disclose all credit problems that do not appear on your credit report. Your loan officer shouldn't have to pull teeth to get that out of you. But in general, it's pretty rare for a preapproval to turn into a denial at the finish line. 

Message 2 of 3
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

Re: Carrington Mortgage

How good is Carrington?. My mom was looking for a new house recently and has her current mortgage with Carrington for 1 year now (they bought the loan from WFHM). 

her scores range in 688-704

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.