Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cash Flow Question

tag
armywifelong03
Regular Contributor

Cash Flow Question

Hi All,

I just have a question.  When they look at your bank statements for a VA loan, are they looking for cash flow at all?  I know they are looking for overdrafts, etc, but I wasn't sure if they would be looking for balances carried over or not.  I am asking because we are diligently working to have our credit cards paid off by Aug when we apply and so all of our extra money is going towards that and I wasn't sure if we need to back off of that at all?  Any advice? Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Re: Cash Flow Question

Yup they will look at that too, but you can explain it.

Message 2 of 4
armywifelong03
Regular Contributor

Thanks!  I am paying over $1100 a month trying to make sure all balances are at zero, otherwise, we would have a huge carryover balance each month.  I will have them all paid by next month, so I guess we will see.

Message 3 of 4
foofighter74
Established Contributor

We did the same thing in terms of using extra money to pay down credit balances and raise my wife's credit score...the only thing the lender looked at in the end was whether or not the money was in the account after our initial payment to the builder cleared to close on the loan.  Our balance, at one point, was quite low, but we built it back up rather quickly and it was never an issue.  They even looked at the statement where the balance reached it's lowest before climbing again but it was not a problem.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.