Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chances of FHA loan.

tag
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: Chances of FHA loan.

@Anonymous wrote:

So that means we are ok to just have his score and income used on a mortgage?

Yes, he will have to qualify on his own

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know you read a lot about FHA loans and '580s'.  I will say my bank is 620 minimum.  Be sure to check all of your scores.  More mortgages places use a different fico scoring system which is significantly lower that say your FICO 8 scores. I recently lost my loan because my mid score was a 619 (no lie) 4 days before I weas closing when my credit profile expired. I have a strong work history good payment history, I make a very decent steady income and the one point was a HUGE factor.  They did a rapid rescore and no luck.  My advice is make sure you are watching the right scores. My fico 8 is 684 and vantage through TU was 715.

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

The difference in scores is what I am worried about, was your Fico 8 through here?  I am thinking about signing up for the service on here but I am going to wait a few months to let the changes I have done recently settle.  Also right now I am going to put the $30 a month into paying down the one credit card that has a balance, I wish they had a free trial. 

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wanting to add it is very stressful trying to improve everything when no actual website can be used as the real score.  Where did your lender pull the score from that was lower than your Fico 8?  We just bought a new vehicle and the score on it was 33 points less than Credit Karma so I am wondering if I should take what ever Fico score I get and minus 33 off it. 

Message 14 of 17
dragontears
Senior Contributor

The reason it is always asked here if scores are mortgage scores are they can be very different than FICO 8 scores, for some they are higher for some they are lower. There are a few credit unions that gives the mortgage version of a score. NASA CU gives the EX mortgage version, and I think it is DCU that gives the EQ mortgage score (I may be wrong on this one). Be aware that some CU do a HP when joining so do some research before joining any of them.
Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can get your mortgage scores here, and all the other scores as well, right here on myfico.  You have to pay the membership fee, tho, to see all the scores.   And they are the real ones, I promise you that.  We used this site when we were applying for a mortgage and they were spot on with what our LO pulled.  The mortgage scores are NOT the Fico 8 scores.  The mortgage scores are the older versions for all three credit agencies.  I don't remember off the top of my head what they are called, but when you pay the fee you can select to see all scores used in lending...the ones for mortgage are clearly labeled 'most used for mortgage lending'.  There's also particular scores used for auto lending as well.  The scores you see on creditkarma are not your real scores that lenders use.  I believe that scoring is called 'Vantage' and virtually no lenders use it.  Creditkarma is only good for seeing what is in your report and nothing else.  I do check that periodically but i pay no attention to the scoring.  If I were you, I would go ahead and pay at least for one month so you could see where you are at mortgage-score wise.  Once you know that, there are tons of help and advice here on the message boards to help and encourage you along your way.  There's some very knowledgable LO's on here as well that give excellent advice and answer your questions.   

Message 16 of 17
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

Wanting to add it is very stressful trying to improve everything when no actual website can be used as the real score.  Where did your lender pull the score from that was lower than your Fico 8?  We just bought a new vehicle and the score on it was 33 points less than Credit Karma so I am wondering if I should take what ever Fico score I get and minus 33 off it. 

^^^This used to be the case a few years ago, but this site (MyFICO) offers you your actual mortgage scores in the 3 B report. You don't need to manipulate the score by adding and/or subtracting. Credit Karma is a Vantage score - it has nothing to do with mortgage lending at all. 

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.