Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chances of getting approved FHA

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chances of getting approved FHA

So I recently found my score had went up! which s awesome! But, I wanted to see if that would increase my chances of getting approved. My current agent isn't great on communicating, so I'd like to weigh my chances first, and see if I should move on to someone else!Were in Michigan so...

Score as of 2/8/2009 620

The home we found is listed at $69,900    

Income- 2008 - $22,000

2007 - $20,000    Work history 3.5 years

Monthly Debt- School loan $35.00

2 C/C- just paid off- both $0 balance

I have 3 collections, ALL from 2005, ALL PAID

$8000 saved for downpayment, and will have another $2000 by end of month

Any suggestions, pointers, advice, or referals would help!  I'm getting married in October and would love to be in a house by then!!    THANKS! 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chances of getting approved FHA

For one your salary most likely qualifies you for downpayment assistance grants and first time homebuyer programs through your local hud office.  You should be able to get a fha loan and with your income baring taxes being extreme you should be able to qualify for a home in that prce range.  Go here to get intouch with your local hud office,

http://www.hud.gov/local/index.cfm?state=mi&topic=offices

One thing to make sure is to apply by yourself so your income falls in the range needed for the assistance.  Good luck

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chances of getting approved FHA

I am also in Michigan, Message me if you are not happy with your broker... My broker has been nothing but stellar
Message Edited by JP75 on 02-10-2009 07:10 PM
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.