Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chapter 13 and Purchasing a home

tag
ProudMomof5
Contributor

Chapter 13 and Purchasing a home

I recently filed bankruptcy (Chapter 13 August 2011) and I know I have to wait at least a year before I qualify to purchase a house.  Does the rules still apply if you're purchasing a house with someone who has the credit score and the credit to qualify?  Would I be able to be put on the loan before my year is here or would I still have to wait?  Other question is, does both credit scores have to be at least a 620?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: Chapter 13 and Purchasing a home

@ProudMomof5 wrote:

I recently filed bankruptcy (Chapter 13 August 2011) and I know I have to wait at least a year before I qualify to purchase a house.  Does the rules still apply if you're purchasing a house with someone who has the credit score and the credit to qualify?  Would I be able to be put on the loan before my year is here or would I still have to wait?  Other question is, does both credit scores have to be at least a 620?

You would not be able to be on loan. But you could be on the Deed for home ownership.

The other party would have to qualify for everything by themselves, income, credit score, etc etc....

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 2 of 3
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: Chapter 13 and Purchasing a home

agree with above

Retired Lender
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.