Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge off help!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Charge off help!

Hey everyone! I was hoping to come on here and ask for any help, advice, guidance I can. In 2019 I had 3 credit cards charge off. 2 chase and 1 Amex. I was able to settle the accounts and try to make amends Bc I owed that money. We just moved to a new state and we're trying to buy a house. So once I paid the charge offs, chase made them current. It's been a back and forth mess for 2 months. First they updated and filled in all the months they hadn't been reporting (since 2019 it was nr). And they all say CO. Then they hit me with a 90 late for the month I paid it and this month as well. Then they made the account zero. And yesterday they added a balance back to one of the cards. I've been preapproved for a mortgage, but the du is saying 15% down because of derogatory credit, which of course is this. 
is there any way to fix this? Every time I call or dispute it just makes it worse. 
my most recent report from 10/11/21 says 

equifax: last updated 9/21 status charge off balance 2256 credit limit 2500

transunion: last updated 9/21 status paid after charge off balance 0 and dashes everywhere else.

experian: last updated 10/21 status: paid in full for Less than full balance balance: dash

and then it has 90 day lates from 10/19-through 10/21

account was settled on 9/13/21 

2 REPLIES 2
sccredit
Valued Contributor

Re: Charge off help!

If they are not reporting correctly after you've tried to get it fixed I'd go the CFPB complaint route. Had to do it with Navy and Citi after BK and both were quickly cleared up. 

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Charge off help!

Thank you! What happened for you? Were they just continuing to report lates also?

@sccredit wrote:

If they are not reporting correctly after you've tried to get it fixed I'd go the CFPB complaint route. Had to do it with Navy and Citi after BK and both were quickly cleared up. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.