Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge off not on middle score report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Charge off not on middle score report

I don't know if I'm posting in the right place but maybe someone can help. I was hoping to get a mortgage at the beginning of next year and I had got all my mortgage scores up to around 700, middle score was 694. I recently had a partially unpaid consumer finance loan from about 5 years ago show up on my Equifax and TransUnion report as a charge off. I was going to attempt to pay to delete but I figured I'd dispute it first. Equifax removed the account and my mortgage score is now 685 with Equifax, 700+ with Experian and below 620 with TransUnion. I know once I get my credit card usage back down to 1 percent the Equifax score should be back really close to 700. So my question is should I go ahead and attempt a pay for delete to get my TransUnion score back up and get the charge off removed from that report? Or does it matter since the middle score is the one being used? Does having a charge off on just one report still throw up red flags to the underwriter since they are probably pulling a tri-merge report?
3 REPLIES 3
JVille
Valued Contributor

Re: Charge off not on middle score report

You disputed it and it was removed???? Is this your debt? As soon as you allow a mortgage lender to pull your credit the Charge Off WILL return.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will it return if the creditor removed the item and not the bureau? Was disputed and 2 days later the account was removed. The date of first deliquent payment was wrong. That's why I disputed it. I don't understand how it will return once they pull my credit? Please explain.
Message 3 of 4
JVille
Valued Contributor

If the creditor removes it then it should be gone from ALL data banks. Did they send you a letter acknowledging your dispute and the resolution of the dispute in your favor? How do you know it was removed by the creditor?
And yes sadly these things for a variety of reasons come back. This is why I’m asking about the notice they should have sent about your dispute.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.