Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge off

tag
daninicole
Valued Member

Charge off

So hubby and I are looking to purchase our second home (currently in the processof selling town home) in the latter part of the year when we have saved enough for substantial down payment, my rehabbing of student loans will be complete, and we fix a few credit issues (maintly DTI). somewhere around OctNovDec ish lol. So. Plan to go FHA  since we went  that way to purchase our town home. I know about the 12 months of no lates and I have a question. Do charge offs count as lates? I have a $400 first premiere account that got charged off  in Oct. I have not paid it yet and I just wondered if it will be reported every month like a late? If so we might be waiting  until this time next year to apply since I haven't paid it yet and the earliest I could do it would be at the end of the month. I have heard about not paying and charge offs not being a big deal if under $1000. i would really like some info as we are working diligently to improve our credit in hopes of purchasing our dream home this year!!!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Re: Charge off

Im pretty sure it is no bad anything for 12 months. So if you have a Charge off from Oct 12, you can close Nov 1st if you can get your score up to a 640 by then.

Message 2 of 3
daninicole
Valued Member

Re: Charge off

Thanks!!!!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.