Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clear to Close a Week Early!

tag
JGGM
Frequent Contributor

Clear to Close a Week Early!

First time home buyer here. I contracted to build a new house, my first house, back in June. We did the walk through today and, while at the walk through, my loan officer called to say my loan left underwriting and is clear to close - they don't need anything else from me! And, closing isn't until 10/25. She said to "sit back, relax, and congratulate yourself".  Seems pretty reassuring. I am still shocked at how easy the process has been for me - I've read all the horror stories on here. 

Thanks to all who contribute to this forum and allow others to learn - I owe you all a beer!

Stats as follows:

Final Purchase Price: $267,220

Down Payment: $26,722

Term: 30 year fixed Conventional

Rate: 3.625%, no points

Income: $102,000 W2, same employer 5.5 years

Decision Score: 788

Monthly Debt: $35 (AZEO, no other loans)

Current Score 7-1-21: TU: 812 EX: 805 EQ: 839
Goal Score:ACHIEVED - 800 Across the Board
In My Wallet: Cap1 QS - PenFed Power Cash Rewards - PenFed Promise - AmEx Delta Platinum - DISCO - NFCU Cash Rewards - Chase Sapphire Preferred

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
CoSprings99
Established Member

Re: Clear to Close a Week Early!

Congrats. I am in the exact same boat. I am actually 10 days early. Came here to see if there were any threads about that.

Probably irrationally concerned about how much time is left for something to go wrong.

Message 2 of 3
JGGM
Frequent Contributor

Re: Clear to Close a Week Early!

Congrats to you as well! It's okay - I'm still of the belief that there are plenty of things that can go wrong between now and then, hahaha.

-JGGM

Current Score 7-1-21: TU: 812 EX: 805 EQ: 839
Goal Score:ACHIEVED - 800 Across the Board
In My Wallet: Cap1 QS - PenFed Power Cash Rewards - PenFed Promise - AmEx Delta Platinum - DISCO - NFCU Cash Rewards - Chase Sapphire Preferred

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.