Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed! How long do I have to wait.....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Closed! How long do I have to wait.....

I closed on my house last week!  First time buying - and it all went really smooth - and I really appreciate all the help and advice I got from this forum.

Closing is done, deed is registered and the house is ours.  I'm assuming it's ok to use a credit card, etc (for moving expenses) now?  However, I got a prequal from Citi for a balance transfrer that I wanted to take advantage of, and not sure if this could possible hurt the mortgage even post closing?  I'm guessing not - but don't want to jeopardize anything.  Guessing a silly question - but you never know.

6 REPLIES 6
Spider07
Regular Contributor

Re: Closed! How long do I have to wait.....

knock yourself out.  Your loan is closed, you can do as you please now. 

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do it now... Enjoy it as much as you can.  Congrats on the house.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks.  I did it.  Instantly approved for $9600 starting CL.

Thanks everyone!

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks.  I did it.  Instantly approved for $9600 starting CL.

Thanks everyone!

Congrats and enjoy it...

Message 5 of 7
Watchmann
Valued Contributor

Actually you don't really own the house as there is a lien (mortgage) on the house.  We just paid off our 15 year mortgage and compared to the hoopla and all the page signing when we first closed on the house in 2003, paying it off was anti-climatic.  All we got in the mail was a copy of the lien release that the mortgage company had sent to our local county tax office advising them to remove the lien on the county's records.  I went down to the office a few weeks later and they gave me a copy of the completed document acknowledging that the lien was removed on the official record.   The house now is ours completely free and clear of any liens.

Use your new CL wisely.

Message 6 of 7
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Would be nice if you could BT a mortgage at 0% for 18 months

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.