Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed-VA loan with NBkC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Closed-VA loan with NBkC

Hi.  I have scoured this forum for the 3 months during our mortgage journey and didn't find much about this lender so I though I would share our info.  We applied for preapproval with Navy Fed and with NBKC back in January.  Husband's was the lower score (middle 659).  He also had a late pay in June 2018. Oh, and he started in a new job in April 2018-needless to say I was nervous. We were preapproved with both lenders with NBKC having a better rate and less closing costs (no origination fees on VA Loans). They also ran file through automatic underwriting.  Fast forward to March 1-our house sold and we had a contract accepted on our new home so we went ahead for full approval with NBKC.  Our originator was amazing-asked for a reasonable amount of paperwork, nothing out of the ordinary: no LOE's,only cleared earnest money check and homeowners insurance. Closing date set for 4/12.

Appraisal received March 22

Went to underwriting on April 6

Received approval from underwriting April 8 (NO conditions at all, I give credit here to the LO for gathering everything upfront)

Closing disclosure April 8

Clear to close April 10

Closed on the 12th

I was a nervous wreck the whole time, but it was an absolutley seamless process and we are THRILLED.  Good luck to you all!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Closed-VA loan with NBkC

Congratulations on the new home and being able to close without issues. Im about to start the process again soon. Hopefully Im able to get the AUS approval this time. I too had a settled collection account that reported as "late" in Jun 2018. That must've kept me out of the automatic approval for a loan back in 9/18. Hopefully this time around I get it no issues. Will check out this lender. I was previously working with Veterans United.  

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Closed-VA loan with NBkC

Did they do another credit pull prior to closing? 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.