Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closing Earlier...Is this unhead of?

tag
jkwheaton78
Regular Contributor

Closing Earlier...Is this unhead of?

I am scheduled to close on March 27th, new construction.  Have my final walkthrough next wed, the 20th.  I went by the property last week and ran into the Project Manager and he asked me if I had any issues closing earlier.  Of course I absolutely do not since we have to be completely out of here by March 31st and at this rate we'll be cutting it really close. 

He said I should be getting a call the following day, but here it is Monday and I still have not heard anything as far as changing the closing date.  It just seems unheard of to me to actually close earlier than your scheduled closing date.  Everything I have read seems to be that they close later rather than early.  Just not sure if this is different since its new consturction and is technically complete as of last week. 

Starting Score: 553
Current Score: 710
Goal Score: 659

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

8/18/2012 Lender Pull:
EX:659
EQ: 553
TU: 520
Goal: 659
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
jkwheaton78
Regular Contributor

Re: Closing Earlier...Is this unheard of?

8/18/2012 Lender Pull:
Message 2 of 18
playboy
Regular Contributor

Re: Closing Earlier...Is this unhead of?

@jkwheaton78 wrote:

I am scheduled to close on March 27th, new construction.  Have my final walkthrough next wed, the 20th.  I went by the property last week and ran into the Project Manager and he asked me if I had any issues closing earlier.  Of course I absolutely do not since we have to be completely out of here by March 31st and at this rate we'll be cutting it really close. 

He said I should be getting a call the following day, but here it is Monday and I still have not heard anything as far as changing the closing date.  It just seems unheard of to me to actually close earlier than your scheduled closing date.  Everything I have read seems to be that they close later rather than early.  Just not sure if this is different since its new consturction and is technically complete as of last week. 

I closed on my new construction home in Feb one week ahead the scheduled close date.  The lender actually wanted to close me two weeks before the scheduled close date.  

Starting Score: EX 575/TU 534/EQ 570
Current Scores per Myfico: (As of 12-14-13) EX 690/EQ 685/TU 679
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 18
jkwheaton78
Regular Contributor

Ahhh interesting. It would be absolutely fantastic to close a week earlier. I am using the builders lender so I was trying to be patient until tomorrow. So hopefully I will hear something soon!! If not I will just have to call and be a pain!

8/18/2012 Lender Pull:
Message 4 of 18
Mike_B03
Valued Contributor

@jkwheaton78 wrote:
Ahhh interesting. It would be absolutely fantastic to close a week earlier. I am using the builders lender so I was trying to be patient until tomorrow. So hopefully I will hear something soon!! If not I will just have to call and be a pain!

Sent you a PM!

Message 5 of 18
jkwheaton78
Regular Contributor

Sent you one back! 

8/18/2012 Lender Pull:
Message 6 of 18
Mike_B03
Valued Contributor

And again! Haha, they really need a better notification system on here.

Message 7 of 18
jkwheaton78
Regular Contributor

back at ya! You don't have to tell me, I'll look for it Smiley Happy

8/18/2012 Lender Pull:
Message 8 of 18
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

There are a couple of things:

1. You will have to pay some interest at closing for however many days before the 31st.

2. With new constructions they have to schedule their crew to come out and finalize the house by taking care of the issues you blue taped at the initial walkthrough and then schedule your final walkthrough. Depending if the crew is booked up and they can't be rescheduled, this would force your closing date to be later.

Regardless, there is still a good chance things could move quicker.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 9 of 18
jkwheaton78
Regular Contributor

We have already done the initial walkthrough and had the inspector out.  They came out and did all the touch up with the paint and trim stuff on Saturday and things like that.  I know the cabinet guys were coming back out yesterday or today (haven't had time to go stalk the house yet this week).  We have our final walkthrough scheduled for the 20th but he wants to move it to the 18th and close on the 22nd.

We can't wait until the beginning of the month or anything like that.  We have to be out of our house because someone is moving in on the 1st.  Origionally we were hoping to be in the house by the end of february/ beginning of march but that didn't work out.  So we don't have very much choice unless we go live in a hotel for a week to 2 weeks and I don't really want to do that with a 2 year old and a 1 year old! 

So we're there....now it just seems like its the technicalities.  I think they are waiting for the appraisal to come back because I do not think they have received that yet.  But I'm guessing at this point.

8/18/2012 Lender Pull:
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.