Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closing in 4 days, Loan Officer MIA

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Closing in 4 days, Loan Officer MIA

Hello all,

I have a closing scheduled for Friday of this week. The loan officer who I have been working with has not responded to calls from me, my agent of the sellers agent since last Thursday. On Thursday he told us "The file is in underwriting" but could not ellaborate except saying he will let us know when it clears UW. 

Something seems odd about this. Btw, I am highly qualified for the loan. Has anyone ever experienced anything like this? What do I do? I tried to get in touch with someone else at the lending company, but I am getting the run around. Any advice? Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
JVille
Valued Contributor

Re: Closing in 4 days, Loan Officer MIA

Call in ask for the LO’s assistant and if that person is not located locally ask for the manager.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. I did speak with his manager and I was Informed the file is in underwriting. I asked why it was still in UW, and his response was he does not know because loan officers don't speak with underwriting. Very frustrating lol. Btw, this lender is a mid sized bank in the northeast us
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm in the same boat as you ... Finally heard back from LO and Processor today - apparently still in UW. Closing scheduled for Monday 8/20 unless we get the clear to close and disclosures tomorrow it'll be pushed. Using NFCU and they have generally been unresponsive this go around.

Message 4 of 5
homeloanexpert
Established Contributor

Sorry to hear your LO was MIA. This is generally the biggest complaint  I hear from my customers who were dealing with a bank or credit union (not all mind you) prior to working with me. The customer service is just not up to par in comparison to working with an LO who has to drum up their own business. FYI, I have access to all  my UW's, their Manager's, upper Management, and finally the CEO. When you need to get stuff done, it always helps when you have access the decision makers.

Best wishes to you!

Branch Manager - Specializing in FHA, VA, USDA, Conventional, Jumbo, Portfolio and Non-QM Loan Products.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.