cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closing next week, auto loan lender just sent delinquency to credit report of 2 months

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Closing next week, auto loan lender just sent delinquency to credit report of 2 months

I was paying payments in arrears or each payment for the previous month and wasn't notified as I was told but that's besides the point. My CS dropped by 140 points and is now at 564 per Credit Karma and other credit card scoring models they use. How accurate is this score? And secondly for the credit inquiry prior to close, will the delinquency show immediately if they do a hard pull next week? Also, will a refresh/soft inquiry show the delinquency and will the Underwriter pull credit and see my lower score 

1 REPLY 1
yodi2007
Contributor

Re: Closing next week, auto loan lender just sent delinquency to credit report of 2 months

@Anonymous wrote:

I was paying payments in arrears or each payment for the previous month and wasn't notified as I was told but that's besides the point. My CS dropped by 140 points and is now at 564 per Credit Karma and other credit card scoring models they use. How accurate is this score? And secondly for the credit inquiry prior to close, will the delinquency show immediately if they do a hard pull next week? Also, will a refresh/soft inquiry show the delinquency and will the Underwriter pull credit and see my lower score 

Call your Loan Officer/Broker FAST! I had a broker who I will be working with tell a story of a couple who went out a few weeks before closing, open a furniture store card and then signing day comes up, they pull their credit and saw they opened a new account, that increased their DTI ratio and they could not get the house! Like why? 

If you have a written agreement for the car payments to be caught up, then tell the LO about it and they may can get it removed fast enough!

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.