cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closing on Monday, no CTC yet! Stressed OUT!

tag
Foodie2018
Contributor

Closing on Monday, no CTC yet! Stressed OUT!

Hey all,

As the title says...we close on 9/30, we have not received an official clear to close yet. I cannot sleep, eat, focus, or do anything productive right now. This entire process has literally brought me to tears on numerous occassions. It has been weeks of scanning, faxing, and emailing documents, I am drained.

Yesterday, my LO said that all she needed was a credit supplement for my husband (done), and to verify my previous employer (done). We are getting down payment assistance which I think goes through a seperate UW process, she told me earlier this week that it shouldn't take any longer than 72hrs to hear back about that.

I know I should just call my LO to find out where we are at in this process...but I'm just so terrified and stressed out to even call. *sigh*

Just looking for words of encouragement from those who have made it to the other side of this. Or are have ways to cope during this period of uncertainty.

BK -7/22 FICO -601
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
MauiMan85297
Established Contributor

Re: Closing on Monday, no CTC yet! Stressed OUT!

Those are the last steps to get your CTC (Final approval), they didn't get this far to deny a loan-your lender wants to give you a loan as that's how they get paid.  Did you sign a CD yet?

Message 2 of 8
Foodie2018
Contributor

Yes, we signed it yesterday. But, I know CD doesn’t mean you are officially cleared to close either.
I called my LO, she’s with another client. The receptionist said she’ll give us a call back.
BK -7/22 FICO -601
Message 3 of 8
MauiMan85297
Established Contributor

I know that (I'm an LO) but that starts the 3 days clock- you should be fine.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just came here to say GOOD LUCK and congrats and I know you'll be fine! And also, I totally relate to the being reduced to tears thing and the stress thing. Currently there as we speak, so I completely understand. You will do great and be in your new home in no time! Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 8
JGGM
Frequent Contributor

Just take a deep breath. You've come this far. Stressful, yes. But it'll be worth it. Hang in there!

Current Score 7-1-21: TU: 812 EX: 805 EQ: 839
Goal Score:ACHIEVED - 800 Across the Board
In My Wallet: Cap1 QS - PenFed Power Cash Rewards - PenFed Promise - AmEx Delta Platinum - DISCO - NFCU Cash Rewards - Chase Sapphire Preferred

Message 6 of 8
Foodie2018
Contributor

Thank you. My LO called back, the system that issues down payment assistance is down, so we are going to be closing on 10/1 instead. She assured me that our file looks great and once the system is up again on Monday we’ll be cleared to close.
Almost there...
BK -7/22 FICO -601
Message 7 of 8
Foodie2018
Contributor

Thank you and best of luck to you as well!! We will survive this.
BK -7/22 FICO -601
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.