cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closing tomorrow? I dunno .... other's closing experiences?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Closing tomorrow? I dunno .... other's closing experiences?

This has been just about the most frustrating week EVER. Smiley Mad

First of all, CW never sent us our GFE (though we did confirm with the title agent that we DID get a 5% rate). Even after begging, pleading, and our Buyer's Agent calling them and threatening all sorts of mayhem, still no GFE.

Then, FINALLY the paperwork/package was sent to the Title Agent at 3pm on Friday. We were promised our HUD-settlement THAT evening. I dunno how upset I can be about that since they would have had to work late. But we were so hoping they would (since I'm REALLY stressing over this) since they were closed Saturday and today (of course).

So tomorrow morning, although we have tentative closing date of 12:30 (they say we do one moment, and the next say that it's not been "inked in" on their calendar), we have yet to see a single sheet of paper telling us what we need to have tomorrow in terms of cashola. All we have EVER received was a copy of the "Closing Cost Worksheet" done back in December. And THAT one didn't reflect the 5% rate (instead, it reflected a pre-negotiated rate of 5.5% with .75 points) or an accurate HOI premium, or property taxes.

I am SO freaking stressed out. We are literally living in boxes and this added back-breaker ain't doin' any good for my already bruised and tattered nerves. DH is walking around acting like he really doesn't think it's going to happen at ALL one moment, and the next acting like it's no big deal (of course, that's AFTER I assure him that none of these people would have worked so d@mned hard if they didn't have a d@mned good idea that they were getting paid for it).

Can you say "ACCCKKKKKKKKK!!!!"?????

Anyone else have any "horror" stories they'd like to share?!

(And thanks for letting me vent a bit)
Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: Closing tomorrow? I dunno .... other's closing experiences?

call title company in the morning..... loan officer too.

tell them that you will be sitting at home waiting for a copy of the hud-1 BEFORE you go to title company and close.

you might also tell them that you have been keeping meticulous notes about your experience and appropriate state agencies will be informed of the lack of disclosure.

3 things you need to pay attention to:

1. promisorry note: spells out terms. (fixed, 5%)

2. deed: make sure name and social is right

3. survey(if required)

3.5 that tax form whatever it is called. LOL... so the irs knows you are paying interest. check your name/social.

everything else? pretty standard

Retired Lender
Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

call title company in the morning..... loan officer too.

tell them that you will be sitting at home waiting for a copy of the hud-1 BEFORE you go to title company and close.

you might also tell them that you have been keeping meticulous notes about your experience and appropriate state agencies will be informed of the lack of disclosure.

3 things you need to pay attention to:

1. promisorry note: spells out terms. (fixed, 5%)

2. deed: make sure name and social is right

3. survey(if required)

3.5 that tax form whatever it is called. LOL... so the irs knows you are paying interest. check your name/social.

everything else? pretty standard

Retired Lender
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck to you!!! I said a prayer that it all goes smooth....lets us know when you get those keys!!!
Message 3 of 4
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

by comparison, ours was very smooth (both times).  Make sure you go over everything you sign though.....very carefullyyyyyyyyyyy.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.