cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLOSED -- Clueless but I would like to buy a home - USDA Direct

tag
nurseemmie

Re: Clueless but I would like to buy a home

Good luck! I'll be following your story.

Message 51 of 122
stinastina
Established Contributor

@nurseemmie wrote:

Good luck! I'll be following your story.

Thank you !

BK7 Discharge 1/16
10/15 ~ EQ: 406; TU: 520
10/18 ~ EX: 666; TU: 646; EQ: 652
Message 52 of 122
the_jan_b
Established Contributor

@stinastina wrote:

Hey, guys ! The government is back open and my application has been complete per the packager two weeks ago.

The packager is sending my app to FAHE on Monday. FAHE takes about 5 days to review it before sending it to USDA. I've already got my new money order for the USDA credit check.

So glad to be moving forward !

I hope we all get an invite to the housewarming party!  Smiley Wink

Enjoying your freedom? Thank a servicemember and their family!

In the garden since 26 Jun 14...

I am digitaldiva's alter-ego

Message 53 of 122
stinastina
Established Contributor

Just a quick update. I asked my packager for an update last Friday (a week after he should have sent my app to FAHE) and verification he sent my package to FAHE. He said yes, he sent and just be patient. I pressed him for more details and he has not responded.

I also emailed FAHE and received no response.

I don't think it's unreasonable to ask for an update once a week. I am perturbed that they would act like I'm bothering them.

I almost feel like just buying a cheap house anywhere like another poster did. There have been shoot outs on my street almost every week since the new year. An officer was shot and killed 3 blocks from me. There was a shoot out at Red Lobster 4 blocks in the opposite direction. Then at the gas station 2 blocks from me. Some lady flipped her car and crashed into the lamp across the street from me. It's been crazier than usual and plus my ex has been hanging around the neighborhood since his new girlfriend died. 

It doesn't hurt to have a back up plan. I'm going to save 3500 for an FHA loan and keep an eye out for a cheap house. If I have to fix it up, it will be my headache and joy.

BK7 Discharge 1/16
Message 54 of 122
stinastina
Established Contributor

Hey, guys ! GREAT News !! My loan package was sent to USDA ! Woo hoo ! I'm doing this !

BK7 Discharge 1/16
Message 55 of 122
kberly69
Frequent Contributor

I know I can't wait for the happy ending to your story!  Smiley Happy  

CH7 BK Discharged 10/16
Oct/Nov 2016: EQ 632 TU 532 EX 573
Feb 2017: EQ 695 TU 673 EX 670
March 2017 EQ 702 TU 676 EX 673
April 2017 EX 683 (TU & EQ unknown)
May 2017 EQ 695 TU 685 EX 693
Feb 2018 EQ 704 TU 687 EX 694

9/24/20: 4 years from discharge FICO 8: EQ 751 EX 765 TU 766 FICO 9 EQ 814 EX 804 TU 821
Message 56 of 122
stinastina
Established Contributor

@kberly69 wrote:

I know I can't wait for the happy ending to your story!  Smiley Happy  

Thanks so much ! I'm ready for it !

BK7 Discharge 1/16
Message 57 of 122
stinastina
Established Contributor

Here's an update, MFers !

So I had called the USDA earlier this week to confirm they received my application. I didn't get a call back so I called this morning. No answer so instead of leaving a message, I tossed around the idea of driving up there with my money order in hand. I called this afternoon and got someone. She said they did not use whatever method it was to have applications electronically sent anywhere in Georgia. After several minutes on hold, she found my application, went over it and found an error that my packager made. She seemed pretty on top of things although she warned me because of the shut down, they were still working on December applications. But she did say I could go ahead and send my money order in so they could pull my credit report. Yippee !

I mailed off my money order this evening. It should get there no later than Friday. I got her name and thanked her. I'm getting closer !

BK7 Discharge 1/16
Message 58 of 122
Anonymous
Not applicable

Which ofice are you working with? I am also in Atl, Georgia

Message 59 of 122
stinastina
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Which ofice are you working with? I am also in Atl, Georgia

Cartersvile but I'm not going to recommend them right now. Even though the lady I talked to was able to spot problems on my app, she made some strange comments and was quick to claim there was fraud because of whatever mistakes my packager made. She also questioned how I had food stamps when she herself was denied (well, I don't make those decisions so what could I say) and she seemed bothered by that.

When I think about our conversation, I wonder if I should have sent my package back to the original office or not. Even though they seemed not to know how to process applications.

BK7 Discharge 1/16
Message 60 of 122
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.