Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection agency reporting false payments

tag
rhall2009
Contributor

Collection agency reporting false payments

I just recieved my Credco trimerge report back from my LO. somehow i have a collection that keeps reporting date of last payment and has this month and year. I can understand reporting monthly as late but it seems to me they are pushing back the date that the account should be past the SOL by saying that im making payments im not making. Its obvious the balance is the same but im not trusting only this. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to handle this so im not restarting the clock during a mortgage. I am hoping builder will just take the 5% of the balance and put it on my DTI as i can handle that but not paying off a large collection or starting payments on something past the SOL.

1 REPLY 1
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Collection agency reporting false payments

@rhall2009 wrote:

I just recieved my Credco trimerge report back from my LO. somehow i have a collection that keeps reporting date of last payment and has this month and year. I can understand reporting monthly as late but it seems to me they are pushing back the date that the account should be past the SOL by saying that im making payments im not making. Its obvious the balance is the same but im not trusting only this. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to handle this so im not restarting the clock during a mortgage. I am hoping builder will just take the 5% of the balance and put it on my DTI as i can handle that but not paying off a large collection or starting payments on something past the SOL.

Collection *should* be scored off the DOFD though if the DOFD isn't reported it takes the report date (and we've seen problems with that in the past to be sure).  Would post over in RYC but I'd go look at annualcreditreport and see if the DOFD is listed correctly: if it is, wouldn't worry about it... if it's not, it's an easy dispute though that can be problematic with a mortgage in flight.  How old is the original debt anyway?  If it's past SOL even with the friendliest of states it should be coming up on it's 7-7.5 year exclusion deadline.

Oh it's likely not last payment, it's just date of last update: effectively the CA is re-reporting it month after month (which is a crappy policy and they should get their wrist slapped).  Think Credco might munge that on their pull, I didn't look that closely as I knew what was on it heh.

        
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.