Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collections and Mortgage-1st Time Homebuyer ADVICE

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collections and Mortgage-1st Time Homebuyer ADVICE

My husband and I have been working hard to improve our credit. Mine is at about a 730 and my husbands 650 -- with his lower score will we be able to qualify for a conventional mortgage? Also, he has one medical collection ($120) and I have an erroneous 3 year old collection I have been fighting tooth and nail ($532.00). Can anyone give me some insight about what we could be looking at. Decent downpayment combined 6 figure income, both have been at our current jobs for 4+ years-- will these collections get us denied? 

Thanks for any insight - we have been a little reluctanct to pull the pre-approval trigger, so any encouragement or insight is much appreciate

2 REPLIES 2
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: Collections and Mortgage-1st Time Homebuyer ADVICE

you will take a hit to the rate for the score.... but i dont see any reason to not apply with confidence.

small collections are barely a blip in the approval process for most people

Retired Lender
Message 2 of 3
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

Re: Collections and Mortgage-1st Time Homebuyer ADVICE

Are those your mortgage scores? If so, I don't think you guys should have any worries as long as DTI is good
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.