Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collections during underwriter

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collections during underwriter

I have a situation for friend of mine..

His FHA loan approved. Closing is by end of May. He suddenly got a letter from collection owing $50. The collection agency said they have not reported to any bureaus yet. Hearing this, my friend paid the $50. Will this ever showing up on credit report or reduce points when his credit is pulled at closing ?? Please advise..he is terribly upset..

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Collections during underwriter

If they haven't reported, its possible they wont since its pif now. Question is if the original creditor has reported the balance transferred to collections. Unless he is on the knifes edge for approval i doubt it would derail his approval even if it did report
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

The letter was dispatached on 4/12 and he received 4/20. In the meantime, his lender pull his credit report the second time on 4/14 since the first one already past 90 days. The second credit report did not show any collections and infact bumped up his score. so given this date timings, do you he is okay?

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yea they won't pull again if he closing in may
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Incase they pull a soft one, does soft pull show collections?

Message 5 of 9
MrTom
Frequent Contributor

What collection company was it? Who was the OC?

Usually a collection company can not report during the 30 day validation period.  This is the first 30 days.  PIF would mean no validation is needed seeing he validated the debt by payment.

If they report it, I don't thin it would be reported for 30-45 days.  Because the letter date would be the statement date and then you have your reporting date when they report which could be the end of month.

But honestly I don't think a PIF would appear for $50 on a collection when paid the next day.

Starting Score: May 23, 2016 EQ 537 TU 518 EX 548
Recent Scores: EQ 839 TU 824 EX 821
Goal Score: 840
Current Vantage 3.0: 808
Mortgage Scores August 18 2017: EQ5 684 TU4 692 EX2 690
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

[Incase they pull a soft one, does soft pull show collections?]

Yes a soft pull will show anything currently on your report, except soft pulls from others ( with some exceptions) and will not show any credit scores.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

collector sent first letter but not on credit report. They have given 30 days to respond. But if he goes and makes the payment (collector said they have not reported to credit bureau) right away, does that mean this will never go into his credit report. Period?

Message 8 of 9
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

if it gets added to credit it will show on the soft pull. and every lender i know will do a soft pull.

Retired Lender
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.