Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Commitment Letter with conditions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Commitment Letter with conditions

I received a commitment letter with conditions from my lender and I have provided them all of the documentations they've asked for.  Is there anything that could kill the deal outside of the conditions in the commitment letter?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Commitment Letter with conditions

@Anonymous wrote:

I received a commitment letter with conditions from my lender and I have provided them all of the documentations they've asked for.  Is there anything that could kill the deal outside of the conditions in the commitment letter?

If your loan officer is thorough and your file is strong to begin with, you should be good to go. Just don't do anything that will negatively impact your credit score in any way Smiley Happy.

Message 2 of 9
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

Usually once you supply the paperwork for the conditions you are home free...however, there are a couple of things that could happen:

• A document you provide opens up a question for the underwriter so s/he may need additional documentation or''
  • there is a change in your financial conditon from the time of approval (Clear to Close) to the actual closing date. This would be something like losing a job or some large expense that pushes your DTI over the guidelines or you run out and buy something that increaes your debt. Don't laugh. I have seen buyers shoot themselves in the foot doing this very thing....
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Startingover said-

"I have seen buyers shoot themselves in the foot doing this very thing...."

Like a guy going out and buyin a new truck or boat, 3 weeks before closing cause he got a good deal on it?

Message 4 of 9
Lemmus
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Startingover said-

Like a guy going out and buyin a new truck or boat, 3 weeks before closing cause he got a good deal on it?

...Smiley LOL ...speaking of the devil, my CU just offered to refinance my auto loan at a much lower rate and cut my monthly payment in half ...called my LO and she damn near had a hissy fit for my even considering it before I close Smiley LOL 

Helpful Links: Do I Qualify? | Mortgage Calculator | USDA Mortgages | Opt Out | FICO Versions
Last HP: 11/04/15 | myFico 3B Jun 10 '15:FICO8 EQ - 752 | TU - 763 | EX - 750
Message 5 of 9
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@Lemmus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Startingover said-

...Smiley LOL ...speaking of the devil, my CU just offered to refinance my auto loan at a much lower rate and cut my monthly payment in half ...called my LO and she damn near had a hissy fit for my even considering it before I close Smiley LOL 

Yep BamaGuy, I swear the buyer was commitment phobic! Naturally it blew the closing....Smiley Sad

No doubt your LO was freaking out Lemmus...can you imagine getting everything all done for your borrower with a pretty bow on the loan package and now you can't close because of a refi that could wait until after closing???   I know you wouldn't do that, you get it. But you would be amazed at the number of buyers/borrowers that don't think it matters that much! Smiley Surprised

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you all for your responses.  The only change to my credit profile is about 400.00 in charges on one of my credit cards that has a 2800.00 limit.  I will pay the balance off tomorrow.

I'll let you know when I close!!!

Message 7 of 9
Lemmus
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you all for your responses.  The only change to my credit profile is about 400.00 in charges on one of my credit cards that has a 2800.00 limit.  I will pay the balance off tomorrow.

I'll let you know when I close!!!

...if that is your only CC balance, only pay it down to under 9% ...paying all your CCs to zero may actually LOWER your score ...don't try to rationalize it, its just the way credit scoring works Smiley Frustrated

Helpful Links: Do I Qualify? | Mortgage Calculator | USDA Mortgages | Opt Out | FICO Versions
Last HP: 11/04/15 | myFico 3B Jun 10 '15:FICO8 EQ - 752 | TU - 763 | EX - 750
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

That IS weird, but I'll follow your advice.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.