Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Commitment letter

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Commitment letter

I received my commitment letter on today for FHA mortgage loan,does this mean I have cleared underwriting? 

I am so excited! 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

Re: Commitment letter

it means you have cleared underwriting assuming you clear whatever conditions they give you.

congratulations!!!

AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

yay!!! congrats!

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!!!!! Very exciting

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Woohoo! Congratulations & I hope everything goes smoothly for you!

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey frugalq

There wasn't any conditions on my commitment letter,  the only thing the letter said was " I was approved for FHA mortgage loan for $197,443 to build on your property.  This is subject to remaining good credit standards, the completion of your building contract and recertification of Value.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tjacks is feeling giddy cos the money people told him-

" I was approved for FHA mortgage loan for $197,443 to build on your property.  "

So you're gonna build a house?

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bamaguy

I am purchasing a 2600 Sq ft modular home.  And yes I am very excited about that. Why shouldn't I be giddy. 

Message 8 of 10
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

if your processor or loan officer haven't given you a list of conditions, it seems like you are good to go!  

AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Bamaguy

I am purchasing a 2600 Sq ft modular home.  And yes I am very excited about that. Why shouldn't I be giddy. 

Man you're about to own some land and home.  Your suppose to be giddy and it shows.  Well done.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.