Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused about seller request

tag
niquieg
New Contributor

Confused about seller request

I have been under contract on a home from August 2013, the contract expired and I have requested an extension from the seller. However, the seller is asking me for an application status letter from Rural Development. When asking for the extension I communicated with my realtor that my file is on hold with RD because the contract to purchase has expired and they can't go forward without an extension to the contract, Do I owe the seller a letter directly from RD explaining this or should my statement be enough?

Bank of America $5000/ Alliant Credit Union $2000/ Amazon Chase $2000/ Capital One $1600/ First Premier $475
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
BrianB_The_Loan_Professor
Valued Contributor

Re: Confused about seller request

Try to look at it from their point of view - you are later than agreed and asking for more time

They want to know an official status before granting it. You do not owe it to them but they do not owe you an extension either.

It may not be an easy letter to get and a letter from your lender may be all you can get - if thats the case try that first. 

You need to assure them at this point. They need to know you arent wasting their time.

Good Luck

Brian

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Brian B The Loan Professor
Mortgage Banker - offering FHA, VA, USDA , and Conventional mortgages in all 50 states -

If I do not respond to a follow up question please feel free to contact me directly
Message 2 of 3
niquieg
New Contributor

Re: Confused about seller request

Thank You Brian

Bank of America $5000/ Alliant Credit Union $2000/ Amazon Chase $2000/ Capital One $1600/ First Premier $475
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.