Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could something go wrong with Closing?

tag
donkort
Valued Contributor

Could something go wrong with Closing?

Hello everybody,

I just received the figures with which we have to purchase certified checks required for the Closing.  I believe they are based on what is on the HUD-1.  Does the receipt of the figures mean that the Final Approval has been obtained, and virtually nothing could stop the Closing?

Thanks for any responses.

FICO 8: EQ 810; TU 816; EX 822 as of 7/5/2022
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
hawkeye33
Regular Contributor

Re: Could something go wrong with Closing?

If you've received HUD-1 and/or a specific figure to bring with you to close in the form of a cashier's check, then your closing falling through would be an exception as opposed to the rule. That's not to say something weird could never happen before keys are in your hand, but barring anything completely unexpected, you should be good to go.
Message 2 of 7
donkort
Valued Contributor

A weird thing DID happen on my (successful) closing:  the lender wanted proof that I had satisfied my state tax lien!  I had sent them the proof twice already!  I would not have closed if I did not (1) go home and back to the closing site with the proof; or (2) found the proof online. I chose (2), and didn't have to drive 30 minutes each way to keep the sellers waiting!

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message Edited by BrettW on 01-01-2010 11:32 AM
Message 4 of 7
donkort
Valued Contributor

Hi BrettW,

You might have to submit your post again--nothing was in your previous post.

Happy New Year

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had posted, but then realized you had already closed.  Congrats on the house.  I recently closed in October '09, after a long and arduous journey in this housing market.
Message 6 of 7
donkort
Valued Contributor

It took me six months from pre-approval to Closing.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.