cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crazy Discover Card Credit Limit Increase!!!!

tag
Celle31
New Contributor

Crazy Discover Card Credit Limit Increase!!!!

Our Discover Card was opened in 2011 with a credit limit of $1500.00. The lowest limit of all 3 cards.

In 2012 we received an automatic increase to $1650.00. Not bad, we thought.  We were using the card regularly with a high usage ratio, but we always payed in full within a couple months.

We decided to take a hiatus over the summer and paid off all credit cards. So, when we brought our new mattress, we decided to use our Discover card. It's the lowest limit, so we hadn't used it in 4 months. Right after we used it, seriously within the next week, I received an email.

Congratulations, your limit has been increased to $8800.00. From $1500 to $8800 you kidding me. Fabulous!

This card went from my lowest limit to highest in one day.

Other limits are $6000 (Amex Blue Sky) and $4000 (Chase Freedom). 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Re: Crazy Discover Card Credit Limit Increase!!!!

wow...that is amazing Smiley Happy ...conrats! ...so there is hope for me..LOL
Message 2 of 4
Celle31
New Contributor

Yeah, just don't use it for 4 months, then make a purchase for over half the limit of the card. Works every time. LOL, or you could just try luck!! It worked for me. LOL

Message 3 of 4
Celle31
New Contributor

Oh oh! Posted on wrong forum. Will close this one and move to credit card forum.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.