Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credco FICO II vs Exerian FICO

tag
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Re: Credco FICO II vs Exerian FICO

I feel for folks who continue to be encouraged to spend their money and waste their time on checking/believeing scores from other than a lender-pulled credit report. I encourgae folks to focus on building a robust credit profile and look to a lender-pulled credit report/score as the only measurement that matters to lenders. There is a method to earning scores and overall credit ratings that allow underwriters to approve loan applications ... really.

Message 11 of 16
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

@rthornto wrote:

Precisely.  However, to standarize would mean enormous loss of revenue (no longer have competitive products).   Again, I'm disgusted with the credit SCORING aspect not the credit reporting.  The scoring you pay for as a consumer and believe is used equitability by industry lenders, etc. is a myth.  The score is the sole decision attribute for interest rate determination where a small score variation will have a big financial impact.  Better still - the lenders play the middle score game so they will reap more interest.  They all have jumped in this game over the last decade or so as to profit themselves with no benefit to the consumer.

Not entirely correct. When a loan officer quotes a rate to a borrower, that rate is selected from a lenders price MATRIX. That MATRIX takes into account several factors above and beyond a borrower's middle score.

Message 12 of 16
kjel
Established Contributor

@ezdriver wrote:

I feel for folks who continue to be encouraged to spend their money and waste their time on checking/believeing scores from other than a lender-pulled credit report. I encourgae folks to focus on building a robust credit profile and look to a lender-pulled credit report/score as the only measurement that matters to lenders. There is a method to earning scores and overall credit ratings that allow underwriters to approve loan applications ... really.

The content of one's credit report should be the focus. However, we get hung up on those 3 digit numbers. My personal feeling is that the system is stacked against the ordinary person but these forums have invaluable information on how to best maximize your credit profile for scoring purposes. FWIW. the MyFICO scores were slightly higher than the lender pulled scores, but I was expecting this as they are different models.

Current Score: TU: 674 | EQ: 722 | EX: 717 | Last Inq. 2/16/15...Locked Up in The Garden
NFCU Cash Rewards $14K | Chase Sapphire Preferred $5K | Amex Blue Cash Preferred $6K | Cap1 Quicksilver One Visa $9K

Message 13 of 16
rthornto

Agree.  However, I would like to view the score and source of lender-pulled credit scores in real-time as a "truth-in-lending" requirement via some mechanism.  Can FICO provide? 

Message 14 of 16
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

@rthornto wrote:

Agree.  However, I would like to view the score and source of lender-pulled credit scores in real-time as a "truth-in-lending" requirement via some mechanism.  Can FICO provide? 

Just ask the LO for a copy of the tri-merge credit report that they pull. Most will give it to you. If they won't, find another LO. That is the only way to see exactly what the ender sees.

Message 15 of 16
rthornto

Thanks.  However, that is not how it should be communicated as it is with other "real-time" scoring."  This shouldn't be revealed only when seeking credit from LO.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.