Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Pulls for Mortgage Loans

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Pulls for Mortgage Loans

I know that a credit score is pulled at the beginning of the process when you are applying for a loan.  My understanding is that at the end of the process the lender might do a credit refresh, and that is supposed to show if you took on additional debt, but it will NOT show your credit score.  Is that true?  My credit score was in 760s when they pulled my credit in December.  Now is is near 700.  I haven't taken on any other debt.  In fact I tried to use my cards less which might be an issue.  One of the accounts with a late payment that I was disputing was resolved (but not in my favor).  Will they get an updated credit score close to final loan approval, or just a refresh ?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Josiyah1
Established Member

Re: Credit Pulls for Mortgage Loans

Credit reports are usually good for 90 days and then the Lender will have to repull to update your scores. If you close within your lenders required timeline then they will typically soft pull you so a refresh. If everythings is still consistent with that soft pull you will be ok.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.