Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Report

tag
TrueGeminiNC
Frequent Contributor

Credit Report

Hi All,

Where is the best place to obtain a credit report?  I plan to apply for a mortgage soon and from the forums it appears that several lenders do not like accounts that are in dispute or that have a dispute banner i.e. "customer disputes". 

I recently paid for all 3 reports via myfico.com.  However, in the past when I have compared reports received from myfico.com to reports received from annualcreditreport.com et al, I have noticed that sometimes the information can be slightly skewed.  For example, a few months back I compared an Equifax credit report from myfico.com to an Equifax credit report from annualcreditreport.com.  Notably, the myfico.com Equifax report did not show a dispute banner for a specific account while the annualcreditreport.com Equifax did. 

With me applying for a mortgage soon, I want to take one last look at my credit reports to make sure everything is ok. 

Thanks for the help.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Credit Report

If you want to get a full report, including soft pulls, then go to each CRA website to pull it.

The information on the reports at myFICO should be the same, however it doesn't have soft inquiries.
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 5
1LNurse
Established Member

Each credit bureau may have different information as some companies report to all 3, while smaller companies may report to only 1 or 2. My reports from annualcreditreport.com have been accurate and they do not count against you.

Message 3 of 5
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

You can pull from annualcreditreport.com again.  You just have to pay a fee for them if you've used your yearly free one. 

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 4 of 5
redwing2013

Thanks for the information and this forum is outstanding.

FYI, if you are planning to dispute anything from the annual credit report you might want to read through the followinng thread (link below) available in Frequently Requested Threads.  It talks about how the CRA get 45 days instead of 30 days when you dispute information found on the annual credit report.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/Why-you-shouldn-t-dispute-via-annualcreditrepo...

Kevin

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.