Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Scoring

tag
burghboy
Established Member

Credit Scoring

sorry this might be a stupid question so bear with me. Looking at buying my first home and I see a lot of info online and on this forum about minimum credit scores for FHA at 580, Conventional at 620 and Jumbo at 700+. 

my question is are these the regular Fico 8 scores or are these minimums the Fico 8 mortgage enhanced score (that are generally lower)? 

Thanks 🙏🏾 

2 REPLIES 2
JGGM
Frequent Contributor

Re: Credit Scoring

I'm not a mortgage expert, but I think any mortgage insured by FHA has to use the mortgage-enhanced scores. 

Current Score 7-1-21: TU: 812 EX: 805 EQ: 839
Goal Score:ACHIEVED - 800 Across the Board
In My Wallet: Cap1 QS - PenFed Power Cash Rewards - PenFed Promise - AmEx Delta Platinum - DISCO - NFCU Cash Rewards - Chase Sapphire Preferred

Message 2 of 3
dragontears
Senior Contributor

Re: Credit Scoring

@burghboy wrote:

sorry this might be a stupid question so bear with me. Looking at buying my first home and I see a lot of info online and on this forum about minimum credit scores for FHA at 580, Conventional at 620 and Jumbo at 700+. 

my question is are these the regular Fico 8 scores or are these minimums the Fico 8 mortgage enhanced score (that are generally lower)? 

Thanks 🙏🏾 

Mortgage scores are not FICO 8 at all they are TU4, EX2 and EQ5 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.