Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit disputes showing open when the mortgage company pulled my 3 reports

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit disputes showing open when the mortgage company pulled my 3 reports

I'm confused as I go through the mortgage process. I did dispute accounts 6-12 months before applying for a mortgage. All disputes (~ 10 of them) were resolve 5-11 months ago (after 30 day period). Today the mortgage company told me I had 3 accounts showing in dispute? At first they couldn't tell me which credit reoprt the 3 disputes showed on . They then said all 3 credit reports? I ran all 3 credit reports, only on Equifax I can see all 3 accounts being questioned have a comment of " Consumer disputes account" and I did dispute these 3 but 6-12 months ago and I received a resolution for each account after the 3 day period. The loan officer guessed that the bureaus may have forgot to close the dispute?? Why would they close the 7 other disputes and not the 3 in question. Plus I'm not seeing any dispute comments on Experian or Transunion. Has anyone experienced this before? Are my disputes on equifax really not open and their (UW) is confused about the "consumer disputes account" comment on the report? Usually these accounts are highlighted when in dispute but they are not. Please let me know if you all have any feedback.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit disputes showing open when the mortgage company pulled my 3 reports

Try calling the CB's and asking them to remove all disputes and information related to disputes. 

Message 2 of 6
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Try calling the CB's and asking them to remove all disputes and information related to disputes. 

Ditto

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 3 of 6
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Additionally, explain that they need to be removed for a mortgage application and need to be done ASAP.  The dispute comments should be removed within 24-72 hours.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. I called TU and they removed them while I was on the phone. All 3 where closed disputes. Will this hurt my mortgage credit score when they rerun it? All 3 where negative accounts, 2 small charge off Credit cards and a car loan that was late 14 months ago but pay as agreed since then.
Message 5 of 6
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks. I called TU and they removed them while I was on the phone. All 3 where closed disputes. Will this hurt my mortgage credit score when they rerun it? All 3 where negative accounts, 2 small charge off Credit cards and a car loan that was late 14 months ago but pay as agreed since then.

If I were to guess, yup, they'll reduce your scores... as when you dispute accounts they are usually no longer factored into the credit score calculation or analyzed by the automated underwriting system.  That is the reason the disputes need to be removed, so the lender has an accurate picture of your credit scores and credit history. 

The situations where disputes do not need to be removed are:

• If the borrower is not responsible for the disputed accounts, the lender must obtain supporting documentation
  • If the borrower is able to provide documentation to disprove any adverse information (such as canceled checks)
  • Medical

Below are examples of acceptable situations for a dispute comment to remain on credit:

• A borrower’s account was referred for collection by the creditor. Subsequently, the borrower paid off the account, but the pay-off was not reported on the tradeline. The borrower requested that a dispute be placed on the tradeline. The tradeline information was accurate, but because it did not reflect that the borrower paid off the account, it may be considered incomplete. The borrower must provide documentation that the account was paid in full.
  • A borrower and his son have the same name (Sr. and Jr.). The borrower’s credit report contains a tradeline that actually belongs to the son. The tradeline is reported as disputed. The borrower can provide confirmation that he is not obligated on the account.
  • The servicer of a disputed loan indicates a late payment in January of the previous year. The borrower can provide documentation (such as canceled checks or bank statements) that indicate that the payment was made on time.
Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.