Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit inquiries boosting score????

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit inquiries boosting score????

How can I post a screeenshot? Is it normal for mortgage inquires to boost your Fico 8 score?
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit inquiries boosting score????

@Anonymous wrote:
How can I post a screeenshot? Is it normal for mortgage inquires to boost your Fico 8 score?

I've seen this. The boost more than likely did not come from the credit inquiry. Check your reports to see if something changed. I have also seen where this is just temporary (especially with EQ). 

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope.  Won't happen.

What probably happened is you moved up in an AAoA tier that gave you points and the new inquiries removed fewer points.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did recently hit the one year margin for all of my accounts. The first inquiry my credit score went up 4 points (Experian) and seven points (Transunion), the second one it went up 16 points (Experian), and on the third one it went up another 17 points on Experian. The three inquiries posted to Myfico on different days, Sunday, Monday, and today. Equifax didn't change at all, then again the inquires isn't showing up on equifax yet either. All of the inquiries are showing up on Transunion but it only boosted my score seven points.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.