Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit karma vs Mortgage scores

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit karma vs Mortgage scores

Does anyone know how close/relative credit karma and other credit card company credit score of Vantage Score 3.0? My scores are different on each and I'm curious if anyone here can chime in on their difference they saw when applying for a Mortgage vs CK

2 REPLIES 2
dragontears
Senior Contributor

Re: Credit karma vs Mortgage scores

@Anonymous wrote:

Does anyone know how close/relative credit karma and other credit card company credit score of Vantage Score 3.0? My scores are different on each and I'm curious if anyone here can chime in on their difference they saw when applying for a Mortgage vs CK

There is NO direct correlation between mortgage scores and Vantage 3.0 scores, for some people they are 10 points different, for others they can be >100 points different. 

Message 2 of 3
homeloanexpert
Established Contributor

Re: Credit karma vs Mortgage scores

@Anonymous

I have found that Credit Karma scores are pretty close as long as your applying for a auto loan or credit card. Also I have found that individuals that have open credit card accounts  (Visa or MasterCard) have a higher mortgage scores, as opposed to having mainly installment debts on your credit. That is as long as your the credit card accounts are not over utilized.

Branch Manager - Specializing in FHA, VA, USDA, Conventional, Jumbo, Portfolio and Non-QM Loan Products.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.