Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit repull but rate not locked

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit repull but rate not locked

So my credit repull was today n got good news my husbands credit moved to a new bracket 715, I am at 770 so of course his score counts for the rate we get. But when I asked the Lo he said we will lock later on to get a better rate Can he lock the rate any time up

until the 14 day deadline? How does it work ? Anyone in similar situations 

8 REPLIES 8
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit repull but rate not locked

From what I understand you can lock in later, typically the later you lock the better the rate. But you risk the market going up. Right now the rates are almost the lowest they have been in a year. Around 2.8. You should be ok.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

oh good, my fear is they will go up but i dont think they can go up too much within 2 weeks, thanks =) 

Message 3 of 9
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

In the last 2 weeks, it has ranged from 2.8 to 3.1. Back in March it got up to 3.2. Last year the highest it went was 3.4.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

ok, so from what it looks like, it has remained around the same figures, and thats good!! we should be ok then. i been dealing w this since 10/2020 that we signed smh

Message 5 of 9
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Yup same here, ive been so worried about the rates. Turns out we are all good.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats good to hear, congrats!! almost there. feels like a very long pregnancy journey lmao 

Message 7 of 9
VALoanMaster
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So my credit repull was today n got good news my husbands credit moved to a new bracket 715, I am at 770 so of course his score counts for the rate we get. But when I asked the Lo he said we will lock later on to get a better rate Can he lock the rate any time up

until the 14 day deadline? How does it work ? Anyone in similar situations 

How far out are you from closing?

For loans closing in less than 15 days cautiously float, and watch the technicals. If those two levels discussed above come into play near the end of the day, we may want to consider locking some of these loans or even all of them, depending on what kind of pricing you got this morning.

For loans closing in 15-30 and 30+ days, float. Even if we see some pullback heading into next week, which is possible, I still think we see better rates/pricing over the next couple of weeks.

VA Mortgage Expert. Mortgage Banker lending in All 50 States.
VA, FHA, USDA. Jumbo, Conventional.
CAIVRS Expert.
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

option #2 we are closing around end of june, so hopefully like you have all said, the next few weeks can still look good for rates. 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.