Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit score needed for an USDA loan

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit score needed for an USDA loan

My husband and I have credit problems in the past; however, we have worked extremely hard and brought our credit up. I went from a 570 to 677 middle score. Hubby’s credit didn’t jump as much, but he we think he is at like a 610 middle score. It took us months to improve our score and we want to apply for a USDA loan. Do you all think it is likely we will get approved?

Also, I heard that your mortgage FICO is even lower than your regular Mortgage score... this true?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Credit score needed for an USDA loan

@Anonymous wrote:
My husband and I have credit problems in the past; however, we have worked extremely hard and brought our credit up. I went from a 570 to 677 middle score. Hubby’s credit didn’t jump as much, but he we think he is at like a 610 middle score. It took us months to improve our score and we want to apply for a USDA loan. Do you all think it is likely we will get approved?

Also, I heard that your mortgage FICO is even lower than your regular Mortgage score... this true?

Wanted to say welcome to the forums, and Ive asked a MOD about possibly moving your thread to the mortgage section for more exposure to your questions. Good luck to youSmiley Happy 

Message 2 of 5
kc0039
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

You can pull your score here for a price and compare. USDA loan, my investors want 620 or better. 680 or better will open up a better DTI ratio for you.

Licensed in IL
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does 620 need to be your overall FICO score or the Mortgage version? I bought the FICO score and it says my middle score is 688; however, when I click on the mortgage version it drops. I’m worried we won’t qualify.
Message 4 of 5
kc0039
Established Contributor

620 middle score between the three bureaus. Can you post all mortgage scores and FICO 8?

Licensed in IL
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.