cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit score needed for an USDA loan

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
New Visitor

Credit score needed for an USDA loan

My husband and I have credit problems in the past; however, we have worked extremely hard and brought our credit up. I went from a 570 to 677 middle score. Hubby’s credit didn’t jump as much, but he we think he is at like a 610 middle score. It took us months to improve our score and we want to apply for a USDA loan. Do you all think it is likely we will get approved?

Also, I heard that your mortgage FICO is even lower than your regular Mortgage score... this true?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Credit score needed for an USDA loan

@Hunterj wrote:
My husband and I have credit problems in the past; however, we have worked extremely hard and brought our credit up. I went from a 570 to 677 middle score. Hubby’s credit didn’t jump as much, but he we think he is at like a 610 middle score. It took us months to improve our score and we want to apply for a USDA loan. Do you all think it is likely we will get approved?

Also, I heard that your mortgage FICO is even lower than your regular Mortgage score... this true?

Wanted to say welcome to the forums, and Ive asked a MOD about possibly moving your thread to the mortgage section for more exposure to your questions. Good luck to youSmiley Happy 

My rebuild worked for me, but won't necessarily work for you!
BK7 D/C- 08/2013
Message 2 of 5
Established Contributor

@Hunterj wrote:

You can pull your score here for a price and compare. USDA loan, my investors want 620 or better. 680 or better will open up a better DTI ratio for you.

Licensed in IL
Message 3 of 5
New Visitor

Does 620 need to be your overall FICO score or the Mortgage version? I bought the FICO score and it says my middle score is 688; however, when I click on the mortgage version it drops. I’m worried we won’t qualify.
Message 4 of 5
Established Contributor

620 middle score between the three bureaus. Can you post all mortgage scores and FICO 8?

Licensed in IL
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.