Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Current conventional loan mortgage rates

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Current conventional loan mortgage rates

Hi All, 

This is my first post, but I've been a long time reader. I'm currently going through the home buying process and will be purchasing with 18-20% down and my middle score is 690. My LO says my rate is 4.5%. Is that fair or in line with what anyone has obtained recently?

Thank you!

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Current conventional loan mortgage rates

That's pretty high; ppl are getting 30 years at 3.5-3.675% atm.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your comment! I'm assuming that's the best rate for top tier credit (750+). What do you believe it should be for my score? 

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you for your comment! I'm assuming that's the best rate for top tier credit (750+). What do you believe it should be for my score? 

Honestly, I would run the numbers at various interest rates and terms and see which ones YOU would like best. If what you want takes a 700+ credit score, can you delay buying until you raise your score?

Message 4 of 7
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi All, 

This is my first post, but I've been a long time reader. I'm currently going through the home buying process and will be purchasing with 18-20% down and my middle score is 690. My LO says my rate is 4.5%. Is that fair or in line with what anyone has obtained recently?

Thank you!

Hello and welcome to MyFICO,

That seems a little high to me especially since rates have been falling. I think you should shop lenders, and compare rates and APR before making a decison.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 5 of 7
MauiMan85297
Established Contributor

What state are you in

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you everyone! I'm in Georgia.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.